EntityGate behaviour

Diego Souto Couceiro

Dec 9, 2022, 9:12:41 AM12/9/22
to Jaamsim Users Discussion Group
Hi all,

I am trying to simulate a complex scenario of road usage including traffic lights, which I am modelling using EntityGate. I am finding that the EntityGate is delaying every entity that arrives, despite the open/closed state. However, this is not the intented behaviour as far as i am aware.

I tried to replicate this in a simple scenario, which I attach, and the behaviour is the same, EntityGate is delaying every entity that arrives. ¿Am I doing something wrong in terms of modelling or may this be a bug?

In case this might bug, i wanted to note that I am using 2022.06 version. Maybe, I should be trying this with version 2022.07, however I don´t see this is treated in the relase notes of the 2022.07 version.

Attached .cfg file: https://we.tl/t-PTG3yivLso

Thank you in advance,

Diego

Harry King

Dec 10, 2022, 12:47:44 PM12/10/22
to Jaamsim Users Discussion Group
Please attach your input file to the post instead of using a third party service. You can attach files if you are a member of the group.

Harry

Diego Souto Couceiro

Dec 10, 2022, 12:57:37 PM12/10/22
to Jaamsim Users Discussion Group
Thak you Harry, I attach the .cfg file in this post.
EntityGate_example.cfg

Harry King

Dec 10, 2022, 1:17:28 PM12/10/22
to Jaamsim Users Discussion Group
Diego,

For EntityGate to work correctly, the entities must be directed at the EntityGate itself instead of to its Queue. The attached file shows a modified version of your example model.

Harry

EntityGate_example - HK.cfg

Diego Souto Couceiro

Dec 10, 2022, 5:59:47 PM12/10/22
to Jaamsim Users Discussion Group
Thank you very much Harry, now I see how it should be modelled and that I was doing it incorrectly.

Congratulations for the work you do in this community and with the development and support of JaamSim.  Appreciate it.

Best regards,

Diego.