jCL Proc Command Help

Joyce White

Dec 21, 2020, 12:44:24 PM12/21/20
to jBASE
We are using jBASE and still have some jCL procs in place. Can anyone please tell me what this command means? It keeps appearing in different forms and I'd sure like to know exactly what it means.

F;&1.33;&1.37;*;?&1.13

I get that it's using fields 33, 37 and 13 of the file it has in buffer 1 - but what exactly is it doing with them?

Thanks,

Joyce

pat

Dec 22, 2020, 6:43:00 AM12/22/20
to jBASE
Merry Christmas All

' F;&1.33;&1.37;*;?&1.13   is a F Correlative

Basically this one means

Multiply the contents of Attribute 33 and Attribute 37 from the file opened to '&1' and store the result in Attribute 13 of that file

pat

Dec 22, 2020, 6:45:38 AM12/22/20
to jBASE
Sorry

Not 'store the result in Attribute 13 of that file'

but

store the result in Attribute 13 of that ( file ) Buffer  ( &1 )

Joyce White

Dec 22, 2020, 8:41:04 AM12/22/20
to jBASE
Thanks, pat! That does align with what I'm seeing. Thank you so much!
Joyce