Re: CUBS 5.2 JBase Extract

Jim Idle

May 24, 2022, 1:39:05 AM5/24/22
to jb...@googlegroups.com
Well, it might not be as easy as that. Finding the files/tables is easy enough and selecting all the records in all the tables isn't difficult. But, assuming you want say a CSV file, you have (at least) the following issues:
  • It is unlikely that CUBS documented each attribute in their files so that customers can even accurately name them. There are probably fields that are just used internally for instance;
  • Many fields will have multiple values - internally jBASE does not use flat files;
  • Reports probably calculate at least some of the fields;
  • Reports will format the fields for output from their raw internal values;
  • Many more issues;
You are asking to export the entire database, which seems unlikely to be useful.

I feel you are asking for an answer to the wrong question, having decided on your answer to a different question.

Could you take a step back and state what you are trying to achieve? Then we can help you get to that point.

Jim

On Wed, May 18, 2022 at 2:32 AM Jeremy Mapes <vvcros...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,

I've got a client that I need to do an extract of their CUBS (TCS) debt collection database that is setting on a Windows Jbase 5.2 platform.  The shop has NO knowledge of how to run a report off their system let alone extract the database.

I'd like to hire someone or if someone could tell me the commands to:
1.  Command to find all the tables in the database.
2.  Command to select all records (and all fields) for each table.
3.  Command to export the data from each table to a flat file on the windows server.

Willing to pay...

Thanks,

Please respond:
Jeremy Mapes

IMPORTANT: T24/Globus posts are no longer accepted on this forum.

To post, send email to jB...@googlegroups.com

Jim Idle

May 27, 2022, 1:37:23 AM5/27/22
to jb...@googlegroups.com
Do you have anything to add Jeremy? I am happy to help you here.

Jim