jBase READ failure after recompile

Marc

Apr 28, 2023, 10:27:27 AM4/28/23
to jBASE
HELP!

Running jBase 5.8.5 on Windows.  No recent changes to operating system or hardware. Making minor code changes in an order entry program that we've run for years. Modified code, re-compiled and re-cataloged six times this morning.  After last re-compile the program no longer processes any of the file READs in the program!!!   Put an "on error" capture on the READ commands and get error message "file not found".  Files are there and will LIST correctly.  Other programs can access and read the files.

jDiag attached.

All help will be appreciated as we are dead in the water without the order entry system!

 Marc Zitcer
jdiag.out

Kannan Seshadri

Apr 29, 2023, 10:02:32 AM4/29/23
to jb...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

May be you have already checked.  Just try to see the value in the file variable used by the open statement and see whether it is returning the proper path.

Thanks and Regards

IMPORTANT: T24/Globus posts are no longer accepted on this forum.

To post, send email to jB...@googlegroups.com

Bruce Decker

Apr 29, 2023, 12:35:18 PM4/29/23
to jb...@googlegroups.com

Hi Marc,

If you are on current maintenance and support with Rocket, you should be able to send a support request to zs-su...@rocketsoftware.com.  When Rocket took support from Zumasys, I believe they upgraded everyone from 8x5 to 24x7.

Best,

Bruce

Bruce Decker

Apr 29, 2023, 12:50:46 PM4/29/23
to jb...@googlegroups.com

I think I would try decataloging the program fully then recataloging it.

If that didn’t help, I would revert the changes made to the program and try recompiling and recataloging it.

If that didn’t work, I would copy the program to a new name, compiling it, and cataloging it.

If that didn’t work, I’d reboot the server (just because it’s Windows)

Bruce