Winter cover & used sails

jew...@roadrunner.com

Jan 5, 2024, 9:52:10 AMJan 5
to J/92 Owners
Looking for a Winter cover.  Located West end of NYS on Lake Ontario.  Any suggestions?

Also have some used sails and gear that may be of interest to others.
Joe

Sting

Jan 6, 2024, 10:14:02 AMJan 6
to J/92 Owners
Id recommend contacting Kinder Industries - they have a number of patterns already made for J92 and J92s covers and canvas items.   They don't seem to list them on their website directly but I would just ask directly for what they can do.    Check their J105 items, so you get an idea of what it will look like.

I have their winter cover for my J92s, as well as a summer cockpit cover, and both are very well made.   On my fourth year, both still look like new.

Mark

jew...@roadrunner.com

Jan 8, 2024, 11:18:17 AMJan 8
to J/92 Owners
Mark, thanks so much for the referral.  I will check them out.

JD Vincent

Jan 8, 2024, 1:13:21 PMJan 8
to j92o...@googlegroups.com
Mark I am curious to see what the Kinder covers look like. Could you post pictures?

I have a custom fitted winter cover for my 92S made by a canvas shop in Toronto. Still looks great after 16 years. I think I have a picture and will post.

EC Helme

Jan 8, 2024, 1:45:45 PMJan 8
to j92o...@googlegroups.com
Here’s the Kinder cover on Spirit (J/92S).  Note mast and boom were out last winter so there’s a simple frame under there.  I echo comments about the Kinder cover: durable, high quality, excellent custom fit.  Rolls up into two relative small segments.  “Low” style reduces potential work area underneath but also greatly reduces windage.   A trade off.

image0.jpegimage1.jpeg

After five years I’m probably just even now in terms of cost with many more years of service left. Also of course no annual waste and complete control over when it goes on.  Lots of pluses.
Regards,
EC

EC Helme

James MacIntyre

Jan 8, 2024, 3:13:43 PMJan 8
to j92o...@googlegroups.com
Genco Marine builds many winter covers for boats in the Toronto and surrounding areas.  I am up in Collingwood on Georgian Bay.  We get real winter up here including occasional 100 knot gusts in blizzards.  Genco built my full cover this year.  I expect to get 20 years out of it.
Another cover fabricator that seems popular in southern Ontario is QUINTE CANVAS (topshop.on.ca) out of Kingston.

My cover is for mast off and stanchions removed.  The cover is in 3 sections with smooth zippers.

Jim
TARKUS
J92 # 68

j92 cover bow.jpg