J92 S Limber Holes

jgf

Jun 4, 2024, 7:01:32 AMJun 4
to J/92 Owners
Is it okay to just drill new limber holes?

I have no drainage from my aft storage areas

I was thinking of drilling holes from  those areas into the storage areas under the settees.., and then from under the settees down into the bilge.

It's not that I get water in the aft areas - I don't.

Rather, I wan to be able to wash that part of the boat with a hose, and it would be easiest to have the water drain to the bilge and then just pump it out with the electric bilge pump.

The only problem I can see is if the bulkheads are wood-cored.

Joe Cooper

Jun 4, 2024, 12:19:28 PMJun 4
to j92o...@googlegroups.com
IF you drill thru plywood.
Drill the holes oversize, fill with a mix of epoxy ahd thickener
smooth out.
Drill the size hole you want. The epoxy will protect the weed.
The Gougeon guys in Bay CIty are really help[ful on what particular thickener to use for this application.

jgf

Jun 6, 2024, 6:21:32 AMJun 6
to J/92 Owners
I don't think there is any wood core on the 92 S - at least I haven't seen any.

I was hoping maybe someone has drilled through these and can tell me what they found.

Joe Cooper

Jun 6, 2024, 8:01:55 AMJun 6
to j92o...@googlegroups.com
I’d be surprised if any of the secondary structure was anything but plywood.
In any event
Cheers the technique is described works for plywood balsa core and foam
Cooper
By iPhone
E&OE