j40 shallow draft... phrf

HautBrion22

Apr 12, 2024, 6:15:17 AMApr 12
to J/4X Owner's Group
I'm daft enuf to consider doing the American YC Spring Series... Resolve doesn't now have a phrf.... now I have a fixed prop.... any ideas.... years ago in Newport she had a 120...ciao

June Kendrick

May 27, 2024, 8:13:45 PMMay 27
to J/4X Owner's Group
Would have loved to see you out there! Shallow draft J-40 is base 93.  Add 6 for fixed prop.  Jibs smaller than 155 get credit, as does roller furling.

f...@nyu.edu

May 30, 2024, 8:12:39 AMMay 30
to j4x-owne...@googlegroups.com
thanks for your email... we'll be working our way out east soon.....

Paul Rogers

Jun 10, 2024, 2:51:07 PM (10 days ago) Jun 10
to 'WSC' via J/4X Owner's Group
i have a Martec folding propeller that apparently came with the J-42. A folding prop makes a huge difference in boat speed. When I purchased the boat in 2004 it had a 3 blade Maxprop.  See the attached picture.  If you are interested in upgrading from a fixed prop, please contact me.
Paul Rogers
J42 #38

IMG_3951.jpegIMG_3951.jpeg