Jaywalker

William Stellin

May 13, 2024, 1:12:00 PMMay 13
to J/4X Group
Can anyone measure and tell me what the maximum cockpit sole width is immediately in front of the companion way main entrance. I am guessing 15” or so but I need it within 1/8 of an inch. I want to make a step or get folding step and I need to know what the max width is. I’d measure but I am not close to the boat.
Thanks
Bill Stellin. 616-450-5135. Jaywalker. 06
Sent from my iPhone

Paul Mikulski

May 13, 2024, 3:06:13 PMMay 13
to j4x-owne...@googlegroups.com
Width of non skid is 20 3/4

Paul Mikulski
410.961.5254 Cell
epmik...@gmail.com

> On May 13, 2024, at 1:12 PM, William Stellin <wste...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> Can anyone measure and tell me what the maximum cockpit sole width is immediately in front of the companion way main entrance. I am guessing 15” or so but I need it within 1/8 of an inch. I want to make a step or get folding step and I need to know what the max width is. I’d measure but I am not close to the boat.
> Thanks
> Bill Stellin. 616-450-5135. Jaywalker. 06
> Sent from my iPhone

Paul Mikulski

May 13, 2024, 3:08:06 PMMay 13
to j4x-owne...@googlegroups.com

Paul Mikulski
410.961.5254 Cell
epmik...@gmail.com

> On May 13, 2024, at 3:06 PM, Paul Mikulski <epmik...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Width of non skid is 20 3/4
IMG_0804.jpeg

William Stellin

May 19, 2024, 7:49:33 PMMay 19
to J/4X Group
Hello J Boats Group
It is with great sadness Judy and I have decided to sell our beloved JAYWALKER hull #6
As most of you know, we are the original owners of this marvelous sailboat. It has given years of adventure and will provide a new owner with similar delights.
We are in our late 80’s with health problems. Jaywalker was launched in 1996 after having made the deal to buy her while at the Annapolis boat show and after some very persuasive salesmanship by Bob and Rod. Except for our sojourn crossing the Atlantic and 8 years in the Mediterranean the boat has been in fresh water Lake Michigan.
The boat is in the water in Muskegon Michigan. I have not chosen a broker but intend to after I get some recommendations hopefully from this group. So, chime in. I am open to suggestions.
Happy sailing

Bill and Judy Stellin
616-450-5135. Mobile
Wste...@hotmail.comy
Sent from my iPhone

Bill Bowers

May 20, 2024, 12:07:39 PMMay 20
to j4x-owne...@googlegroups.com
Dear Bill

So sorry to hear this.

You and Judy are J42 rockstars and will be missed by the group!

Three Cheers for the Jaywalkers!!!

Best
Bill Bowers #3

Wayne Cassady

May 20, 2024, 2:17:36 PMMay 20
to j4x-owne...@googlegroups.com
We second the rock stars title for you all. Have benefited for many years from your advice.

Sent from my iPhone

WSC

May 21, 2024, 4:45:25 AMMay 21
to J/4X Owner's Group
"In our late 80's.."   That is truly inspirational.   Bill, when I purchased hull no 1 five years ago you were the first to welcome me and were so responsive to my litany of questions.  Grateful for the counsel and godspeed.
Sean C -

Robert Kowalski

May 21, 2024, 5:45:58 AMMay 21
to J/4X Owner's Group
Billy, it don’t mean you have to be a stranger. I won’t mind reading a tale or two of your adventures or mis-adventures...

Bob

Sailing a course less traveled
Delightfully typed on a full keyboard on a mac