Hejira in Annapolis

Don taylor

Apr 23, 2024, 10:54:39 AMApr 23
to J/4X Owner's Group
Hi All,

We have pulled our J42 Hejira from the broker in Annapolis, and are making plans to sail the Chesapeake in June, possibly moving north in July.  We are still interested in selling her at some point, but the slow market and an itch to sail another summer on the east coast opened up the opportunity to keep going.  We would love to connect with J40x sailors around Annapolis to meet for drinks/dinner and pick your collective brains for places we need to visit.  Our 2023 summer sailing was cut short because of family obligations.  Really looking forward to sailing these historic waters and would appreciate your insights.

Don

Walter Caldwell

Apr 23, 2024, 3:20:51 PMApr 23
to J/4X Owner's Group
We would be interested in that too.
Walter & Karen
J/40 #7

David Jade

Apr 23, 2024, 3:32:41 PMApr 23
to j4x-owne...@googlegroups.com
We’re also in the Chesapeake, close to Annapolis. We’re new here as well, so probably can’t recommend too many places yet.

But we’d also be up for meeting or getting together with other J/4x sailors in the area.

David & Kathleen          _/)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

J/46 Shadowfax

On Apr 23, 2024, at 3:21 PM, Walter Caldwell <j40shaken...@gmail.com> wrote:

We would be interested in that too.

Sean O'Connor

Apr 23, 2024, 3:51:50 PMApr 23
to J/4X Owner's Group
We would like to join also if timing works...............Tenacious at Safe Harbor Annapolis although we are in Fairfax, VA.

Sean & Lori
J-40 Tenacious

jmruzzi2

Apr 23, 2024, 4:08:10 PMApr 23
to j4x-owne...@googlegroups.com
That sounds like a lot of fun.  Spada is on Whitehall Creek, but one convenient place to meet up would be the Eastport Yacht Club.  I'm a member there and would love to rendezvous with other J4x owners.

Joe

Sent from my Galaxy

Larry Romano

Apr 23, 2024, 4:11:02 PMApr 23
to j4x-owne...@googlegroups.com
Hi
We are also new to Annapolis and would like to meet some other J4X people. Our J40 is on the hard at Jabins now and will be in a slip at Port Annapolis. I joined a club called the Back Creek Yacht Club. They are a group without a facility and our first cruise starts June 1. I’m hoping to learn from them.
Larry and Joan
J40 Covenant

On Apr 23, 2024, at 3:51 PM, Sean O'Connor <sean.oc...@gmail.com> wrote:

We would like to join also if timing works...............Tenacious at Safe Harbor Annapolis although we are in Fairfax, VA.

Paul Mikulski

Apr 23, 2024, 4:21:40 PMApr 23
to j4x-owne...@googlegroups.com
Don. Exactly where are you docked now?

Paul Mikulski

On Apr 23, 2024, at 10:54 AM, Don taylor <dtayl...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi All,

We have pulled our J42 Hejira from the broker in Annapolis, and are making plans to sail the Chesapeake in June, possibly moving north in July.  We are still interested in selling her at some point, but the slow market and an itch to sail another summer on the east coast opened up the opportunity to keep going.  We would love to connect with J40x sailors around Annapolis to meet for drinks/dinner and pick your collective brains for places we need to visit.  Our 2023 summer sailing was cut short because of family obligations.  Really looking forward to sailing these historic waters and would appreciate your insights.

Don

f...@nyu.edu

Apr 23, 2024, 6:06:21 PMApr 23
to j4x-owne...@googlegroups.com
Hello, Don    Ah, St Michaels is the best.....  anchor out & spend days at the Maritime Museum ... wonderful food.  Revolutionary era ...    Frank & Jody / Resolve J40 #65

Christopher Pike

Apr 26, 2024, 3:36:42 PMApr 26
to j4x-owne...@googlegroups.com
We’ll be passing through the Chesapeake on the way from the Bahamas to Maine with a stop in Annapolis. Hopefully next month, weather permitting. Would love to catch up with other J/4x sailors as well.

Chris and Melissa Pike
S/V Windara J/46 #25

Newt Merrill

Apr 26, 2024, 3:36:42 PMApr 26
to j4x-owne...@googlegroups.com
Hi Paul—Good to see you’re still the go-to person for J Boats in Annapolis. Don’t know if you’re aware, our son Eliot succeeded me as owner of Finesse, subsequently sold her and has hull #2 of a Lyman Morse 46 spending time in Maine and Stonington, CT. Also a neat boat! Any chance you’re doing the Newport/Bermuda Race this June? Best regards, Newt
Sent from my iPad Air
Newton P.S. Merrill

On Apr 23, 2024, at 4:21 PM, Paul Mikulski <epmik...@gmail.com> wrote:

Don. Exactly where are you docked now?

Don taylor

Apr 30, 2024, 10:45:14 AMApr 30
to j4x-owne...@googlegroups.com
Thanks everyone for your response/suggestions/invitations.  We will be finalizing our summer plans by the end of the week and will get in touch with Annapolis folks to set up a get together.  Joe, thanks for your kind offer for us to meet at Eastport Yacht Club--sounds perfect.  I will shoot you an email to start the planning process.

Don