declarative tag library

1 view

Gan...@j4fry.org

Feb 3, 2009, 2:59:14 AM2/3/09
to j4fry
This thread was moved from our old sourceforge forum:

Hi,

We want to start a new tag library based on the declarative paradigma
with facelets. The tags should be implemented in XHTML with the
facelets source tag technology and will be licensed under the Apache
license 2.0. The advantages of facelets XHTML source tags are:

- Usage of the standard JSF tag implementations without becoming
dependant of a particular JSF implementation.
- Easy migration to JSF upgrades.
- Lower implementation complexity.

These are the tags we are planning to implement to start with:

• A shuttle component with 2 lists and buttons between them to move
single or all elements between the lists
• A tree component built with nested tables
• A panel tag that collapses a layer with Javascript
• Tags that use existing Javascript libraries and bind them with JSF,
e.g. a date picker component.
• A scrollable pageable table that maybe even supports radio buttons
with groups that overlap rows (not easy with JSF). The table could be
built with c:forEach instead of h:dataTable to support row click and
mouse events.

Regards,
Ganesh