JRE.xcframework

rafi Chen

Feb 12, 2023, 4:55:22 AM2/12/23
to j2objc-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
j2objc-2.8-frameworks.zip includes JRE.xcframework/ios-x86_64-simulator but it doesn't include JRE.xcframework/ios-arm64-simulator. Is it intentional? How do I build or download it?
Thanks

Tom Ball

Feb 12, 2023, 4:53:42 PM2/12/23
to j2objc-...@googlegroups.com
The easiest way to do a distribution build is to follow the set up steps in the Building J2ObjC doc, then run "make -j8 dist" in the j2objc top-level directory. We need to do a 3.0 release, but first we're syncing with Android's latest version of its Java runtime library. Since the JRE is huge, moving to a new version without breaking developers takes time.

Rory Sinclair

Mar 24, 2023, 6:07:18 AM3/24/23
to j2objc-discuss
The build from master currently appears to be broken in excitingly different ways on M1 and Intel Macs: https://github.com/google/j2objc/issues/2045

Is there any chance of a 3.0 release soon, with pre-built arm64 simulator binaries in the XCFrameworks? This would make life a lot easier for a lot of j2objc users, I suspect.