IzPack ver 3.0.1 needs user password when running shell script

Sarge

Dec 27, 2021, 2:12:42 PM12/27/21
to izpack-user
Hi:
On Ubuntu 20.04, when running the shell script to get the XDG_DESKTOP_DIR value the installer hangs.  Looking at the process list I see the /tmp/...util.os.unix.UnixUser####...sh script is "stuck".  If I run the command manually with the same content as that shell script I'm prompt for my password.  Once I enter my user password the command completes and I get the value of XDG_DESKTOP_DIR on stdout.
The last entry in the log is the executeCommand for this script, but no captured output.

How do I get around the fact that the user password is being requested but otherwise unknown to the user?

Thanks