The Godhead (Part 2)

Brother Bob...<><

Jun 27, 2007, 1:39:02 AM6/27/07
to ixtheus-devot...@googlegroups.com

The Godhead (Part 2)

The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are co-existent, co-eternal, and co-equal.

 A careful study of the nature of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit reveals a nature, properties, and characteristics which can only be found concerning God (theios). While there are circumstantial variations (i.e. the incarnation), such a study reveals no variations in the essential nature of the Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit. If there had been any varying degrees and gradations of deity (such is really impossible, God is either God or not God, Isa. 46: 5-10), the incarnation would have been the opportunity.

(Isa 46:5, 8-10 KJV)
To whom will ye liken me, and make me equal, and compare me, that we may be like? ...
 {8} Remember this, and show yourselves men:
 bring it again to mind, O ye transgressors.
{9} Remember the former things of old: for
I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me,
{10} Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done,
saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

However, Jesus, in the flesh, remained God... Jesus did not "leave his essential nature (His deity) in heaven, when he came to earth"
(2 Cor. 8: 9).
(2 Cor 8:9 KJV)
For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that,
though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor,
that ye through his poverty might be rich.

He simply disrobed himself of all the grandeur of deity which he enjoyed in heaven (Phili. 2: 6-10).

(Phil 2:5-11 KJV)
 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
{6} Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
 {7} But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant,
and was made in the likeness of men:
{8} And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself,
and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
{9} Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
{10} That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
{11} And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord,
 to the glory of God the Father.

     The Father/Son relationship. The Father/Son presentation of God particularly and peculiarly pertains to the incarnation (becoming flesh) of the Logos (Word, Jesus, Jn. 1: 1-14).
(John 1:1-5KJV)
 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
 {2} The same was in the beginning with God.
{3} All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
{4} In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
{5} And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
(John 1:9-14(KJV)
{9} That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.
{10} He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
{11} He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
{12} But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God,
 even to them that believe on his name:
{13} Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
{14} And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us,
 (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,)
full of grace and truth.

When the Word became flesh, he "assumed" the posture of Son (Jn. 3: 16,17)

(John 3:16-17 KJV)
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son,
that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
{17} For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world;
but that the world through him might be saved.

(Heb 1:5 KJV)
 For unto which of the angels said he at any time,
 Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee?
And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?

he was conceived of the Holy Spirit and Mary, Matt. 1: 20).

(Mat 1:20-21 KJV)
 But while he thought on these things,
behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream,
saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife:
for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.
{21} And she shall bring forth a son,
and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

In this role, he was submissive to the Father:

(Luk 22:41-42 KJV)
 And he(Jesus) was withdrawn from them about a stone's cast,
and kneeled down, and prayed,
(42) Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me:
nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.

(Joh 14:27-28 KJV)
Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you:
not as the world giveth, give I unto you.
 Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
(28) Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you.
If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father:
 for my Father is greater than I.

Jesus (the Word) existed at the beginning and did the actual creating of all things which are created (Col. 1: 16).

(Col 1:16KJV)
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible,
whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers:
all things were created by him, and for him:

Jesus said, "…Before Abraham was, I am" (Jn. 8: 58). The verb tense of "I am" indicates His deity or eternality. The fact that they picked up stones to stone Him indicates that He was equating Himself with God, which was blaphemy in their eyes and required death by stoning.

(Joh 8:58-59KJV)
Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.
(59) Then took they up stones to cast at him:
 but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.

Since Jesus and the Father necessarily shared divine commonalties, he could say (Jn. 14: 9).....

(Joh 14:7-11 KJV)
If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also:
and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.
 (8) Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us.
 (9) Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip?
he that hath seen me hath seen the Father;
and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?
(10) Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me?
the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself:
but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.
 (11) Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me:
or else believe me for the very works' sake.

(Joh 10:23-33 KJV)
And Jesus walked in the temple in Solomon's porch.
(24) Then came the Jews round about him, and said unto him,
How long dost thou make us to doubt? If thou be the Christ, tell us plainly.
 (25) Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not:
the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me.
 (26) But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.
 (27) My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
(28) And I give unto them eternal life;
and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
(29) My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all;
and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
 (30) I and my Father are one.
(31) Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.
 (32) Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father;
for which of those works do ye stone me?
(33) The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy;
 and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

IXTHEUS CHRISTIAN GROWTH DEVOTIONALS
ALWAYS FREE OF CHARGE
(but not necessarily  free of COST)
Feel free to redistribute these materials to whomever you want.
Please submit all questions, comments, suggestions,
or REQUESTS FOR SUBSCRIPTIONS to

Request a free email copy of my evangelistic presentation:
"The God Who is Really There" from  ixt...@execpc.com

to unsubscribe  from  these devotionals,
send an email with CANCEL in the subject line to ixt...@execpc.com
God Bless You.....brother bob.......<><

Blank Bkgrd.gif