Rise up Early and Seek the Lord

Brother Bob...<><

Jun 27, 2007, 1:54:00 AM6/27/07
to ixtheus-devot...@googlegroups.com

Rise up Early and Seek the Lord

(Gen 19:27 KJV)
And Abraham gat up early in the morning
to the place where he stood before the LORD:

(Exo 24:4 KJV)
 And Moses wrote all the words of the LORD,
and rose up early in the morning, and builded an altar under the hill,
and twelve pillars, according to the twelve tribes of Israel.

---------------------------------------

"The men who have done the most for God in this world have been early on their knees. He who fritters away the early morning, its opportunity and freshness, in other pursuits than seeking God will make poor headway seeking Him the rest of the day. If God is not first in our thoughts and efforts in the morning, He will be in the last place the remainder of the day." ---E.M. Bounds

---------------------------------------

Psa 34:15-19 (KJV)
The eyes of the LORD are upon the righteous,
and his ears are open unto their cry.
 {16} The face of the LORD is against them that do evil,
to cut off the remembrance of them from the earth.
 {17} The righteous cry, and the LORD heareth,
and delivereth them out of all their troubles.
 {18} The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart;
 and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
 {19} Many are the afflictions of the righteous:
 but the LORD delivereth him out of them all.

1 Sam 1:19  (KJV)
And they rose up in the morning early,
and worshipped before the LORD...

Josh 5:13-15 (KJV)
 And it came to pass, when Joshua was by Jericho,
that he lifted up his eyes and looked, and, behold,
there stood a man over against him with his sword drawn in his hand:
and Joshua went unto him, and said unto him,
Art thou for us, or for our adversaries?
{14} And he said, Nay; but as captain of the host of the LORD am I now come.
 And Joshua fell on his face to the earth, and did worship,
and said unto him, What saith my lord unto his servant?
 {15} And the captain of the LORD'S host said unto Joshua,
Loose thy shoe from off thy foot;
 for the place whereon thou standest is holy.
And Joshua did so.

(Mat 6:6-15 KJV)
  But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet,
and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret;
and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.
{7} But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do:
for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.
{8} Be not ye therefore like unto them:
for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.

{9} After this manner therefore pray ye:
Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
 {10} Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
{11} Give us this day our daily bread.
{12} And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
{13} And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil:
For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

 {14} For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:
{15} But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

Mat 14:23 (KJV)
And when he had sent the multitudes away,
 he went up into a mountain apart to pray:
 and when the evening was come,
 he was there alone.

Luke 6:12 (KJV)
And it came to pass in those days,
 that he (Jesus) went out into a mountain to pray,
and continued all night in prayer to God.

Mat 26:36-46 (KJV)
Then cometh Jesus with them unto a place called Gethsemane,
and saith unto the disciples, Sit ye here, while I go and pray yonder.
{37} And he took with him Peter and the two sons of Zebedee,
and began to be sorrowful and very heavy.
{38} Then saith he unto them,
 My soul is exceeding sorrowful, even unto death:
 tarry ye here, and watch with me.
 {39} And he went a little farther, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying,
 O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me:
nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.
{40} And he cometh unto the disciples, and findeth them asleep,
 and saith unto Peter, What, could ye not watch with me one hour?
 {41} Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation:
the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.
{42} He went away again the second time, and prayed, saying,
O my Father, if this cup may not pass away from me, except I drink it,
thy will be done.
{43} And he came and found them asleep again:
for their eyes were heavy.
{44} And he left them, and went away again,
and prayed the third time, saying the same words.
 {45} Then cometh he to his disciples, and saith unto them,
Sleep on now, and take your rest:
behold, the hour is at hand,
and the Son of man is betrayed into the hands of sinners.
 {46} Rise, let us be going: behold, he is at hand that doth betray me.

(Psa 63 KJV)
 A Psalm of David, when he was in the wilderness of Judah.
 O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee:
my soul thirsteth for thee,
my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is;
{2} To see thy power and thy glory, so as I have seen thee in the sanctuary.
{3} Because thy lovingkindness is better than life, my lips shall praise thee.
{4} Thus will I bless thee while I live: I will lift up my hands in thy name.
{5} My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness;
and my mouth shall praise thee with joyful lips:
{6} When I remember thee upon my bed, and meditate on thee in the night watches.
 {7} Because thou hast been my help,
therefore in the shadow of thy wings will I rejoice.
{8} My soul followeth hard after thee: thy right hand upholdeth me.
 {9} But those that seek my soul, to destroy it, shall go into the lower parts of the earth.
{10} They shall fall by the sword: they shall be a portion for foxes.
{11} But the king shall rejoice in God;
every one that sweareth by him shall glory:
but the mouth of them that speak lies shall be stopped.

1 Sam 12:23-24 (KJV)
 Moreover as for me,
God forbid that I should sin against the LORD
in ceasing to pray for you:
 but I will teach you the good and the right way:

{24} Only fear the LORD,
and serve him in truth with all your heart;
for consider how great things he hath done for you.

Eph 6:10-20 (KJV)
Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
{11} Put on the whole armour of God,
 that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
{12} For we wrestle not against flesh and blood,
 but against principalities, against powers,
against the rulers of the darkness of this world,
against spiritual wickedness in high places.
{13} Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God,
that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day,
and having done all, to stand.
{14} Stand therefore,
having your loins girt about with truth,
and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
{15} And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
{16} Above all, taking the shield of faith,
wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
{17} And take the helmet of salvation,
and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
{18} Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit,
and watching thereunto with all perseverance
and supplication for all saints;
{19} And for me, that utterance may be given unto me,
that I may open my mouth boldly,
to make known the mystery of the gospel,
 {20} For which I am an ambassador in bonds:
that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.

IXTHEUS CHRISTIAN GROWTH DEVOTIONALS
ALWAYS FREE OF CHARGE
(but not necessarily  free of COST)
Feel free to redistribute these materials to whomever you want.
Please submit all questions, comments, suggestions,
or REQUESTS FOR SUBSCRIPTIONS to

Request a free email copy of my evangelistic presentation:
"The God Who is Really There" from  ixt...@execpc.com

to unsubscribe  from  these devotionals,
send an email with CANCEL in the subject line to ixt...@execpc.com
God Bless You.....brother bob.......<><

Blank Bkgrd.gif