Pro-life Facts and Scriptures

Brother Bob...<><

Jun 27, 2007, 1:59:10 AM6/27/07
to ixtheus-devot...@googlegroups.com

Pro-life Facts and Scriptures
From "Life Links" Website

(Deu 27:25 KJV)
Cursed be he that taketh reward to slay an innocent person.
And all the people shall say, Amen.

(John 10:10 KJV)
Jesus said: The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy:
 I am come that they might have life,
and that they might have it more abundantly.

Facts about the development of the human fetus (ie. pre-born human baby)

The scientific viewpoint on the issue. Many people try to claim that the unborn is just a blob of tissue, nothing more than a tumor. But it is a scientific and medical fact, based on experimental evidence, that the fetus is a living, growing, thriving human being, directing his or her own development. The unborn baby is never part of the mother's body.

  • By the end of the second week of pregnancy, there is a distinct embryo present. The fetus has a developing brain and a rudimentary heart.
  • By the end of the third week of pregnancy, the fetus has the beginnings of vetrebrae, developing eyes and ears, a closed circulatory system (separate from the mother's), a working heart, the beginnings of lungs, and budding limbs.
  • By the end of the fourth week of pregnancy, the fetus has a developing nose, and a pancreas.
  • By the end of the fifth week of pregnancy, the fetus has the beginnings of vertebrae, a bony jaw and clavicle, developing eyes, ears, and nose, a closed circulatory system, a working heart, lungs, limbs, hands, feet, and a pancreas.
  • By the end of the sixth week of pregnancy, the fetus has a vertebral column, a bony jaw and clavicle, a primative cranium, ribs, a developing nervous system, a closed circulatory system with a working heart, developing eyes, ears, and nose, lungs, limbs, hands, feet, a pancreas, a bladder, kidneys, a tongue, a larynx, a thyroid body, and germs of teeth.
  • By the end of the seventh week of pregnancy, the fetus has a vertebral column, a bony jaw and clavicle, a primitive cranium, ribs, femur, tibia, palate, upper jaw, developing nervous system, a closed circulatory system with a working heart, developing eyes,ears, and nose, lungs, arms, legs, hands, feet, a pancreas, a bladder, kidneys, a tongue, a larynx, a thyroid body, germs of teeth, and the beginnings of muscles.
  • By the end of the second month of pregnancy, the fetus has a vertebral column, a bony jaw, clavicle, and palate, a cranium, ribcage, femur, tibia, forearms that can be distinguished from arms, and thighs that can be distinguished from legs, a developi ng nervous sytem, sympathetic nerves (meaning the fetus can feel pain), a closed circulatory system and a working heart, eyes, developing ears and nose, lungs, arms and forearms, legs and thighs, hands and feet, a pancreas, a bladder, kidneys, a tongue, a larynx, a thyroid, germs of teeth, and developing muscles. --Gray's Anatomy
Assorted facts:
  • After 9 weeks, unborn babies can feel pain, yet 48 per cent of all abortions are done after this point (US Department of Health and Human Services).
  • The fetus has his/her own genetic code, blood type, sex. The fetus receives food from his/her mother, yet has a separate and distinct circulatory system.
  • "The cell (a single-celled zygote) results from fertilization of an oocyte by a sperm and is the beginning of human life." -The Developing Human: Clinically Oriented Embryology Keith L. Moore. 2nd Ed., Philadelphia W.B. Sanders, 1977.
  • "Each individual has a very neat beginning at conception.... [This is] not a metaphysical contention, it is plain experimental evidence." -Dr. Jerome LeJune, discoverer of the chromosome pattern of Down's syndrome in 1981, in a testimony to a Senat e Judiciary Subcommittee.
  • "By all the criteria of modern molecular biology, life is present from the moment of conception." -Professor Hymie Gordon, Mayo Clinic.
  • Since abortion was legalized in 1973, the number of reported cases of child abuse has increased by 1,497 per cent, from 167,000 in 1973 to 2.5 million in 1991 (US Department of Health & Human Services).
  • USC professor Edward Lenoski from Heartbeat surveyed 674 abused children and found 91 per cent were from planned pregnancies. An average of 63 per cent of all pregnancies are wanted.
  • "Scientists have found hints of consciousness in 7-month-old fetuses and measured brain-wave patterns like those during dreaming during 8 months. They have pushed sentience back to the end of the second trimester and shown that fetuses can learn. With no hype at all, the fetus can rightly be called a marvel of cognition, consciousness, and sentience." --"Do You Hear What I Hear?" Newsweek Special Issue, Summer 1991
  • "After 28 weeks in utero, the fetus can hear.... By four months in a female fetus, all 5 million ova have formed. At 4 & 1/2 months, the fetus responds to a brush on its lips by sucking. By six weeks the brain is visible and electrically active; by eight, it has convoluted folds and shape of an adult brain." --"Do You Hear What I Hear?" Newsweek Special Issue, Summer 1991
  • The following quotes are from pages 1 and 3 of The Developing Human: Clinically Orientated Embryology. 5th Ed. Moore and Persaud. 1993. Saunders Company.
    • "Human development is a continuous process that begins when an oocyte from a female is fertilized by a sperm from a male."
    • "Although it is coustomary to divide human development into prenatal and postnatal periods, it is important to realize that birth is merely a dramatic event during development resulting in a change in environment."
    • "Human development begins at fertilization."
  • "Either the fetus is a person or not. Either we know what it is or we don't. This leaves only 4 possibilities:
    • A fetus is not a person, and we know that. This has NEVER been any evidence to support this.
    • A fetus is a person, and we know that.Killing an innocent person knowingly is murder.
    • A fetus is a person, and we do not know that. Killing a person without knowing or intending to is manslaughter. It's like shooting at a sudden movement in a bush which may be a deer or another hunter.
    • A fetus is not a person, and we do not know that. If the hunter didn't know for sure and shot anyway, it is criminal negligence, even if no one was killed.
    Abortion might be three things-- murder, manslaughter, or criminal negligence-- each of which is not debated but instinctively condemned. --Choices, by Peter Kreeft

--Bible verses to ponder--
-Thanks to Todd Primm-

(Isa 44:2 KJV)
Thus saith the LORD that made thee, and formed thee from the womb,
which will help thee;

(Psa 139:13-18 KJV)
 For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb.
{14} I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made:
marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.
{15} My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret,
and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
{16} Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect;
and in thy book all my members were written,
which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.
{17} How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them!
{18} If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand:
when I awake, I am still with thee.

(Psa 127:3-5 KJV)
 Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD:
and the fruit of the womb is his reward.
{4} As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.
{5} Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them:
they shall not be ashamed, but they shall speak with the enemies in the gate.

(Psa 82:2-4 KJV)
 How long will ye judge unjustly, and accept the persons of the wicked? Selah.
{3} Defend the poor and fatherless: do justice to the afflicted and needy.
{4} Deliver the poor and needy: rid them out of the hand of the wicked.

(Jer 1:4-5 KJV)
Then the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,
{5} Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee;
and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee,
and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

(Gen 25:21-26 KJV)
  And Isaac entreated the LORD for his wife, because she was barren:
and the LORD was entreated of him, and Rebekah his wife conceived.
{22} And the children struggled together within her;
and she said, If it be so, why am I thus?
And she went to inquire of the LORD. {23} And the LORD said unto her,
Two nations are in thy womb, and two manner of people shall be separated from thy bowels;
and the one people shall be stronger than the other people;
and the elder shall serve the younger.
{24} And when her days to be delivered were fulfilled, behold, there were twins in her womb.
 {25} And the first came out red, all over like an hairy garment;
and they called his name Esau.
{26} And after that came his brother out, and his hand took hold on Esau's heel;
and his name was called Jacob:
and Isaac was threescore years old when she bare them.

(Exo 21:22-25 KJV)
 If men strive, and hurt a woman with child,
so that her fruit depart from her, and yet no mischief follow:
he shall be surely punished, according as the woman's husband will lay upon him;
 and he shall pay as the judges determine.
{23} And if any mischief follow, then thou shalt give life for life,
{24} Eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot,
 {25} Burning for burning, wound for wound, stripe for stripe.

(Prov 24:11-12 KJV)
If thou forbear to deliver them that are drawn unto death,
and those that are ready to be slain;
{12} If thou sayest, Behold, we knew it not;
doth not he that pondereth the heart consider it?
and he that keepeth thy soul, doth not he know it?
and shall not he render to every man according to his works?

(Jer 7:6-7 KJV)
If ye oppress not the stranger, the fatherless, and the widow,
and shed not innocent blood in this place,
neither walk after other gods to your hurt:
 {7} Then will I cause you to dwell in this place,
in the land that I gave to your fathers, for ever and ever.

(Isa 49:1-5 KJV)
Listen, O isles, unto me; and hearken, ye people, from far;
The LORD hath called me from the womb;
 from the bowels of my mother hath he made mention of my name.

(Gal 1:15-16a KJV)
But when it pleased God,
who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace,
 {16} To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen;

(Talking about John the Baptist,)
"(Luke 1:13-15 KJV)
 But the angel said unto him,
 Fear not, Zacharias: for thy prayer is heard;
and thy wife Elisabeth shall bear thee a son, and thou shalt call his name John.
 {14} And thou shalt have joy and gladness; and many shall rejoice at his birth.
{15} For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink;
and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb.

IXTHEUS CHRISTIAN GROWTH DEVOTIONALS
ALWAYS FREE OF CHARGE
(but not necessarily  free of COST)
Feel free to redistribute these materials to whomever you want.
Please submit all questions, comments, suggestions,
or REQUESTS FOR SUBSCRIPTIONS to

Request a free email copy of my evangelistic presentation:
"The God Who is Really There" from  ixt...@execpc.com

to unsubscribe  from  these devotionals,
send an email with CANCEL in the subject line to ixt...@execpc.com
God Bless You.....brother bob.......<><