Humbleness of Spirit

Brother Bob...<><

Jun 27, 2007, 1:49:29 AM6/27/07
to ixtheus-devot...@googlegroups.com

Humbleness of Spirit

Isa 57:15-16 (KJV)
For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity,
whose name is Holy;
I dwell in the high and holy place,
with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit,
 to revive the spirit of the humble,
 and to revive the heart of the contrite ones.

{From Webster's Dictionary}
Humble - from Latin-humilis= low, small, slight; akin to humus=soil, earth. Having or showing a consciousness of one's own defects or shortcomings, not proud, not self-assertive, modest, unpretentious, unassuming in character. Humbleness never carries an unfavorable connotation.

Psa 51:17 (KJV)
The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit:
a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.

Gen 3:17a,19 (KJV)
And unto Adam God said.....
{19} In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread,
till thou return unto the ground;
for out of it wast thou taken:
for dust thou art,
 and unto dust shalt thou return.

Deu 8:2-3 (KJV)
 And thou shalt remember
all the way which the LORD thy God led thee
these forty years in the wilderness,
to humble thee, and to prove thee,
to know what was in thine heart,
whether thou wouldest keep his commandments, or no.
{3} And he humbled thee, and suffered thee to hunger,
and fed thee with manna, which thou knewest not,
 neither did thy fathers know;
that he might make thee know that man doth not live by bread only,
but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of the LORD doth man live.

Deu 8:14b,16-18 (KJV)
...The Lord thy God...
Who fed thee in the wilderness with manna,
 which thy fathers knew not,
that he might humble thee, and that he might prove thee,
 to do thee good at thy latter end;
{17} And thou say in thine heart,
My power and the might of mine hand hath gotten me this wealth.
{18} But thou shalt remember the LORD thy God:
for it is he that giveth thee power to get wealth,
that he may establish his covenant
which he sware unto thy fathers, as it is this day.

2 Ki 22:19 (KJV)
Because thine heart was tender,
and thou hast humbled thyself before the LORD,
when thou heardest what I spake against this place,
and against the inhabitants thereof,
that they should become a desolation and a curse,
and hast rent{torn} thy clothes, and wept before me;
I also have heard thee, saith the LORD.

2 Chr 7:13-15 (KJV)
 If I shut up heaven that there be no rain,
 or if I command the locusts to devour the land,
or if I send pestilence among my people;
{14} If my people, which are called by my name,
shall humble themselves,
and pray, and seek my face,
and turn from their wicked ways;
then will I hear from heaven,
and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
 {15} Now mine eyes shall be open,
and mine ears attent unto the prayer that is made in this place.

2 Chr 32:26 (KJV)
 Notwithstanding Hezekiah humbled himself
for the pride of his heart,
both he and the inhabitants of Jerusalem,
so that the wrath of the LORD came not upon them
in the days of Hezekiah.

2 Chr 33:12-13 (KJV)
And when he was in affliction,
he besought the LORD his God,
and humbled himself greatly before the God of his fathers,
 {13} And prayed unto Him:
and He was entreated{persuaded} of him,
and heard his supplication,
and brought him again to Jerusalem into his kingdom.
Then Manasseh knew that the LORD He was God.

Job 22:29-30 (KJV)
When men are cast down, then thou shalt say,
There is lifting up;
and he shall save the humble person.
{30} He shall deliver the island of the innocent:
and it is delivered by the pureness of thine hands.

Psa 34:2-6 (KJV)
My soul shall make her boast in the LORD:
the humble shall hear thereof, and be glad.
{3} O magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt his name together.
 {4} I sought the LORD, and he heard me,
and delivered me from all my fears.
{5} They looked unto him, and were lightened:
and their faces were not ashamed.
{6} This poor man cried, and the LORD heard him,
and saved him out of all his troubles.

Psa 113:4-8 (KJV)
The LORD is high above all nations, and his glory above the heavens.
{5} Who is like unto the LORD our God, who dwelleth on high,
 {6} Who humbleth himself to behold the things that are in heaven,
and in the earth!
{7} He raiseth up the poor out of the dust,
and lifteth the needy out of the dunghill;
{8} That he may set him with princes,
even with the princes of his people.

Lam 3:21-26 (KJV)
This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope.
{22} It is of the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed,
because his compassions fail not.
{23} They are new every morning:
 great is thy faithfulness.
{24} The LORD is my portion, saith my soul;
therefore will I hope in him.
 {25} The LORD is good unto them that wait for him,
 to the soul that seeketh him.
{26} It is good that a man should both hope
and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD.

Micah 6:7-8 (KJV)
Will the LORD be pleased with thousands of rams,
or with ten thousands of rivers of oil?
shall I give my firstborn for my transgression,
 the fruit of my body for the sin of my soul?
{8} He hath showed thee, O man, what is good;
and what doth the LORD require of thee,
but to do justly, and to love mercy,
and to walk humbly with thy God?

Mat 18:3-5 (KJV)
And Jesus said, Verily I say unto you,
Except ye be converted, and become as little children,
ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.
{4} Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child,
the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
 {5} And whoso shall receive one such little child in my name
receiveth me.

Luke 14:11 (KJV)
For whosoever exalteth himself shall be abased;
and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

Phil 2:5-11 (KJV)
Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
{6} Who, being in the form of God,
thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
{7} But made himself of no reputation,
and took upon him the form of a servant,
and was made in the likeness of men:
{8} And being found in fashion as a man,
he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death,
even the death of the cross.
{9} Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him,
and given him a name which is above every name:
{10} That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
 {11} And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord,
to the glory of God the Father.

Col 3:12-15 (KJV)
 Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved,
bowels of mercies{G=inward affection, tender mercy},
kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;
{13} Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another,
if any man have a quarrel against any:
even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.
{14} And above all these things put on charity{Grk=agape, unselfish love},
which is the bond of perfectness.
{15} And let the peace of God rule in your hearts,
to the which also ye are called in one body;
and be ye thankful.

James 4:6-10 (KJV)
 But he giveth more grace.
 Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud,
but giveth grace unto the humble.
{7} Submit yourselves therefore to God.
Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
 {8} Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you.
Cleanse your hands, ye sinners;
and purify your hearts, ye double minded.
 {9} Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep:
 let your laughter be turned to mourning,
and your joy to heaviness.
{10} Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord,
and he shall lift you up.

1 Pet 5:5-7 (KJV)
Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder.
Yea, all of you be subject one to another,
and be clothed with humility:
for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble.
 {6} Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God,
that he may exalt you in due time:
{7} Casting all your care upon him;
for he careth for you.

IXTHEUS CHRISTIAN GROWTH DEVOTIONALS
ALWAYS FREE OF CHARGE
(but not necessarily  free of COST)
Feel free to redistribute these materials to whomever you want.
Please submit all questions, comments, suggestions,
or REQUESTS FOR SUBSCRIPTIONS to

Request a free email copy of my evangelistic presentation:
"The God Who is Really There" from  ixt...@execpc.com

to unsubscribe  from  these devotionals,
send an email with CANCEL in the subject line to ixt...@execpc.com
God Bless You.....brother bob.......<><

Blank Bkgrd.gif