Getting to Know God the Father

Brother Bob...<><

Jun 27, 2007, 1:47:50 AM6/27/07
to ixtheus-devot...@googlegroups.com

Getting to Know God the Father

Luke 10:21-22 (KJV)
In that hour Jesus rejoiced in spirit, and said,
I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth,
that thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent,
and hast revealed them unto babes:
even so, Father; for so it seemed good in thy sight.
{22} All things are delivered to me of my Father:
and no man knoweth who the Son is, but the Father;
and who the Father is, but the Son,
and he to whom the Son will reveal him.

Dear  Friends in Christ,
In our on-going study of the Trinity, we come to a topic that is at once obvious to some, but apparently unclear to others. It is the clear teaching of the Scriptures that Jesus Christ and God the Father are two separate persons and not the same person.

I have been stunned by the various negative responses to the studies of the Trinity that I have sent out so far. Some people are going so far as to tell me that I should just leave this topic alone because it is so controversial. Well, truth can be controversial, if you don't want to believe it, if you want to go on living in unbelief and misinformation.

So if you don't want to believe the very Bible verses that are right here in front of you, which are telling you the truth, ask yourself if you are really a Christian and have the Holy Spirit in your heart. Because the Holy Spirit will be crying out "TRUTH !!!" to the Word of God, and "ERROR !!!" to the misinformation taught by uninformed men. Yield to the teaching of the Holy Spirit. Throw your old mis-informed ideas overboard, and be renewed in the spirit of your mind.

Below we have one of the subtle proofs of the Trinity, Jesus praying to the Father. For those who believe that there is only Jesus and there is no "Father" who is separate but equal to Him, ask yourself these questions: " Who is Jesus praying to? What does He call this person? Is He praying to Himself? Why would He do that? Does this not show that Jesus and the Father are 2 separate Persons?" Note: the fact that Jesus and the Father are two separate Persons of the Godhead does not make Jesus any less God than the Father is. This is of course a mystery to us and difficult to understand, but it does not mean we should ignore this teaching or run away from it, but just read it and believe it, and the Holy Spirit will make it clear to you by faith. We will study the Holy Spirit in a future devotional.
God Bless you as you meditate on these things.
In Christ..brother bob...<><

Mat 11:25-27 (KJV)
At that time Jesus answered and said,
 I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth,
because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent,
and hast revealed them unto babes.
{26} Even so, Father: for so it seemed good in thy sight.
 {27} All things are delivered unto me of my Father:
and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father;
 neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son,
and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.

Mark 13:31-33 (KJV)
 Heaven and earth shall pass away:
but my words shall not pass away.
 {32} But of that day and that hour knoweth no man,
no, not the angels which are in heaven,
neither the Son, but the Father.
{33} Take ye heed, watch and pray:
for ye know not when the time is.

Luke 10:21-22 (KJV)
In that hour Jesus rejoiced in spirit, and said,
I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth,
that thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent,
and hast revealed them unto babes:
even so, Father; for so it seemed good in thy sight.
{22} All things are delivered to me of my Father:
and no man knoweth who the Son is, but the Father;
and who the Father is, but the Son,
and he to whom the Son will reveal him.

John 1:14 (KJV)
And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us,
 (and we beheld his glory,
the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,)
full of grace and truth.

John 1:18 (KJV)
No man hath seen God at any time;
the only begotten Son,
which is in the bosom{Web=beloved, as your own soul} of the Father,
he hath declared him.

Commetary  about John 1:18 from M.R.Vincent's "Word Studies in the New Testament" : "The expression, "who is in the bosom of the Father" in Greek is in the timeless present tense, which expresses the inherent and eternal relation of the Son to the Father. Also, the preposition "in" references Christ's return to Glory after the Resurrection. This imparts the meaning, 'the Son who has entered the Bosom of the Father and is there."

John 3:34-35 (KJV)
 For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God:
for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him.
{35} The Father loveth the Son,
and hath given all things into his hand.

John 4:23-24 (KJV)
 But the hour cometh, and now is,
when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth:
for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
{24} God is a Spirit:
and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

John 5:19-47 (KJV)
 Then answered Jesus and said unto them,
Verily, verily, I say unto you,
 The Son can do nothing of himself,
but what he seeth the Father do:
for what things soever he doeth,
these also doeth the Son likewise.

{20} For the Father loveth the Son,
and showeth him all things that himself doeth:
and he will show him greater works than these,
that ye may marvel.

{21} For as the Father raiseth up the dead,
and quickeneth them;
even so the Son quickeneth whom he will.
{22} For the Father judgeth no man,
 but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:
{23} That all men should honour the Son,
even as they honour the Father.
He that honoureth not the Son
 honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

{24} Verily, verily, I say unto you,
He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me,
hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation;
but is passed from death unto life.

 {25} Verily, verily, I say unto you,
The hour is coming, and now is,
when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God:
and they that hear shall live.
{26} For as the Father hath life in himself;
so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;
{27} And hath given him authority to execute judgment also,
 because he is the Son of man.

{28} Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming,
in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
 {29} And shall come forth;
they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life;
and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

{30} I can of mine own self do nothing:
as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just;
because I seek not mine own will,
 but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

{31} If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true.
 {32} There is another that beareth witness of me;
and I know that the witness which he witnesseth of me is true.
 {33} Ye sent unto John, and he bare witness unto the truth.
{34} But I receive not testimony from man:
 but these things I say, that ye might be saved.
{35} He was a burning and a shining light:
and ye were willing for a season to rejoice in his light.

 {36} But I have greater witness than that of John:
for the works which the Father hath given me to finish,
the same works that I do, bear witness of me,
that the Father hath sent me.
 {37} And the Father himself, which hath sent me,
 hath borne witness of me.
Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape.
 {38} And ye have not his word abiding in you:
for whom he hath sent, him ye believe not.

 {39} Ye Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life:
and they are they which testify of me.
 {40} And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

{41} I receive not honour from men.
 {42} But I know you, that ye have not the love of God in you.
{43} I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not:
if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.
{44} How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another,
and seek not the honour that cometh from God only?
{45} Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father:
 there is one that accuseth you, even Moses, in whom ye trust.
 {46} For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me:
for he wrote of me.
{47} But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

IXTHEUS CHRISTIAN GROWTH DEVOTIONALS
ALWAYS FREE OF CHARGE
(but not necessarily  free of COST)
Feel free to redistribute these materials to whomever you want.
Please submit all questions, comments, suggestions,
or REQUESTS FOR SUBSCRIPTIONS to

Request a free email copy of my evangelistic presentation:
"The God Who is Really There" from  ixt...@execpc.com

to unsubscribe  from  these devotionals,
send an email with CANCEL in the subject line to ixt...@execpc.com
God Bless You.....brother bob.......<><

Blank Bkgrd.gif