God Is Our Protector and Defender-The Battle is The Lord's

1 view

Brother Bob...<><

Jun 27, 2007, 1:51:46 AM6/27/07
to ixtheus-devot...@googlegroups.com

God Is Our Protector and Defender
The Battle is The Lord's

(1 Sam 17:47 KJV)
 And all this assembly shall know that the LORD saveth not with sword and spear:
 for the battle is the Lord's,
and he will give you into our hands.

(Rom 12:19 KJV)
  Dearly beloved,
avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath:
for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

It is the intention of God that difficult situations draw His people closer to Him. Satan of course wants to use the same circumstances to turn us away from God. We experience victory over difficulties of life when we give them to God and rest in His promises of loving care for us.

(2 Chr 20:15b KJV)
Thus saith the LORD unto you,
 Be not afraid nor dismayed by reason of this great multitude;
for the battle is not yours, but God's.

(Zec 4:6 KJV)
 Then he answered and spake unto me, saying,
This is the word of the LORD unto Zerubbabel, saying,
 Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts.

(Rom 8:31 KJV)
 What shall we then say to these things?
 If God be for us, who can be against us?

(Rom 8:37-39 KJV)
 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
{38} For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels,
nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
 {39} Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature,
shall be able to separate us from the love of God,
which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Gen 15:1 (KJV)
After these things the word of the LORD came unto Abram in a vision, saying,
 Fear not, Abram:
 I am thy shield, and thy exceeding great reward.

Deu 33:29 (TheLivingBible)
What blessings are yours, O Israel!
{You who have been} saved by the Lord?
He is your shield and your helper!
He is your excellent sword!
Your enemies shall bow low before you,
And you shall trample down their {H=places of idol worship}!"

Psa 3 (KJV)
A Psalm of David, when he fled from Absalom his son.
LORD, how are they increased that trouble me!
many are they that rise up against me.
{2} Many there be which say of my soul,
There is no help for him in God. Selah{H=Pause and calmly meditate on that).

{3} But thou, O LORD, art a shield for me;
my glory, and the lifter up of mine head.
{4} I cried unto the LORD with my voice,
and he heard me out of his holy hill. Selah.
 {5} I laid me down and slept;
 I awaked; for the LORD sustained me.
{6} I will not be afraid of ten thousands of people,
that have set themselves against me round about.
 {7} Arise, O LORD; save me, O my God:
for thou hast smitten all mine enemies upon the cheek bone;
thou hast broken the teeth of the ungodly.
{8} Salvation belongeth unto the LORD:
thy blessing is upon thy people. Selah.

Psa 5 (KJV)
To the chief Musician upon Nehiloth{H=a flute}, A Psalm of David.
Give ear to my words, O LORD,
consider my meditation.
{2} Hearken unto the voice of my cry, my King, and my God:
for unto thee will I pray.
{3} My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O LORD;
in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up.
 {4} For thou art not a God that hath pleasure in wickedness:
neither shall evil dwell with thee.
{5} The foolish shall not stand in thy sight:
thou hatest all workers of iniquity.
{6} Thou shalt destroy them that speak {deceitfully}:
the LORD will abhor the bloody and deceitful man.

 {7} But as for me,
I will come into thy house in the multitude of thy mercy:
and in thy fear will I worship toward thy holy temple.
{8} Lead me, O LORD, in thy righteousness because of mine enemies;
 make thy way straight before my face.

{9} For there is no faithfulness in their mouth;
their inward part is very wickedness;
 their throat is an open {grave}; they flatter with their tongue.
{10} Destroy thou them, O God;
let them fall by their own counsels;
cast them out in the multitude of their transgressions;
for they have rebelled against thee.

{11} But let all those that put their trust in thee rejoice:
 let them ever shout for joy,
 because thou defendest them:
let them also that love thy name be joyful in thee.
{12} For thou, LORD, wilt bless the righteous;
 with favour wilt thou compass him as with a shield.

1 Sam 17:42-47 (KJV)
 And when the Philistine(Goliath) looked about, and saw David,
he disdained him:
 for he was but a youth, and ruddy, and of a fair countenance.
{43} And the Philistine said unto David,
Am I a dog, that thou comest to me with staves{a shepherds staff}?
And the Philistine cursed David by his gods.
 {44} And the Philistine said to David,
Come to me, and I will give thy flesh unto the fowls of the air,
 and to the beasts of the field.

{45} Then said David to the Philistine,
 Thou comest to me with a sword, and with a spear, and with a shield:
but I come to thee in the name of the LORD of hosts,
the God of the armies of Israel, whom thou hast defied.
{46} This day will the LORD deliver thee into mine hand;
and I will smite thee, and take thine head from thee;
and I will give the carcases of the host of the Philistines this day
 unto the fowls of the air, and to the wild beasts of the earth;
that all the earth may know that there is a God in Israel.
{47} And all this assembly shall know
 that the LORD saveth not with sword and spear:
for the battle is the Lord's,
and he will give you into our hands.

Psa 46:7-11 (KJV)
The LORD of hosts is with us;
the God of Jacob is our refuge.
Selah{Pause and calmly meditate on this}.

{8} Come, behold the works of the LORD,
what desolations he hath made in the earth.
 {9} He maketh wars to cease unto the end of the earth;
he breaketh the bow, and cutteth the spear in sunder;
 he burneth the chariot in the fire.

{10} Be still, and know that I am God:
I will be exalted among the heathen,
 I will be exalted in the earth.
{11} The LORD of hosts is with us;
the God of Jacob is our refuge{Hebrew=inaccesable fortress of defense}.
 Selah(Pause and calmly meditate on that).

IXTHEUS CHRISTIAN GROWTH DEVOTIONALS
ALWAYS FREE OF CHARGE
(but not necessarily  free of COST)
Feel free to redistribute these materials to whomever you want.
Please submit all questions, comments, suggestions,
or REQUESTS FOR SUBSCRIPTIONS to

Request a free email copy of my evangelistic presentation:
"The God Who is Really There" from  ixt...@execpc.com

to unsubscribe  from  these devotionals,
send an email with CANCEL in the subject line to ixt...@execpc.com
God Bless You.....brother bob.......<><