Next Event: UX Show and Tell! (Monday Feb. 1st)

Meredith Noble

Jan 19, 2010, 1:02:13 PM1/19/10
to IxDA Toronto
Our next IxDA Toronto event is going to be a UX Show and Tell night
(http://www.uxshowandtell.com/).

THE IDEA:

You come with interesting deliverables you’ve worked on (or are
actively working on), and share them in a casual setting with others
interested in UX.

Tell us how you communicated your ideas in the face of design
adversity! Alternatively, get feedback on a work-in-progress.

We’ll see how things shake out the night of, but we’d like to set up a
number of roundtables with 8-10 people each. Proposed roundtables are:

- Wireframes
- Prototypes (paper, Axure, HTML, other)
- Other interesting deliverables – scenarios & stories, flows,
personas, strategy docs, heuristic reports, usability testing reports
(email us at toront...@ixda.org with ideas!)

The key is: we need YOU to share! Bring print copies of a deliverable
and/or something to project.

WHO SHOULD COME?

Everyone! We want seasoned veterans as well as UX newcomers.
Developers, visual designers, content strategists, other UX hobbyists
– you’re all welcome.

We’d love if you brought things to share, but if you don’t have
anything or don’t feel comfortable, that’s okay too.

WHERE & WHEN?

We’ve found a new home that will hopefully give us some room to grow
in the future: Function13 in Kensington Market. Come a little early
and check out their awesome design / tech store and art gallery (and
get a discount the night of IxDA Toronto!).

Monday, Feb. 1st, 7-9 pm
156 Augusta Ave
(note that Google Maps says this is further north than it actually is
– it’s just north of Dundas on the west side)

After, we'll head over to The Embassy (223 Augusta) for some drinks
and conversation.

RSVP: http://guestlistapp.com/events/12936

As always, thanks to Usability Matters (http://
www.usabilitymatters.com) for covering our venue rental, and nForm