So I Married a Designer... Relationship Advice for Designers and Non-Designers Alike

Jeff Kraemer

Apr 13, 2010, 11:31:48 AM4/13/10
to IxDA Toronto
IxDA Toronto presents Casey McKinnon, Director of Product Management
at FreshBooks.

Tuesday, April 20, 7 p.m.
Function13, 156 Augusta Ave.
Tickets: http://guestlistapp.com/events/20091

Here's Casey's synopsis:

"Frustrated with the lack of coordination between engineering and
design at Microsoft, I sought to discover what makes a great working
relationship between these two seemingly conflicting disciplines. I
conducted interviews with designers of all levels in every division of
Microsoft to find out what it would take to optimize the engagement of
a designer with their non-designer counterparts (project/product
management, developers, testers, etc.). After a year of interviews,
what I will present is the synthesis of these findings, along with a
call to action for any designers and non-designers working together to
get the most out of each other."

Casey McKinnon is the Director of Product Management for Toronto's
most beloved online-invoicing company, FreshBooks. He's responsible
for making the FreshBooks product usable, useful and beautiful for
free-lancers around the world. Raised in Ottawa and educated at
Carleton University, he spent the last 7 years as a User Experience
Program Manager at Microsoft's Headquarters in Redmond, WA. Finally
back from the fray, he wants to make an impact on how Canadian
companies innovate through the design of great user experiences.

Jeff Kraemer

Apr 17, 2010, 11:22:59 AM4/17/10
to IxDA Toronto
Hi all,

Due to popular demand, we've added a second block of tickets for Casey
McKinnon's talk on Tuesday night.

You can get a ticket here: http://guestlistapp.com/events/20091

Thanks for your interest in the event!

Jeff