Reminder: Interaction '09 in Vancouver, Feb 5-8

Meredith Noble

Jan 12, 2009, 10:01:31 AM1/12/09
to IxDA Toronto
Forgive me folks, I'm doing all my IxDA business in one huge batch
today. This'll be the last one, promise. :)

Just wanted to send out a reminder that IxDA's conference is happening
in less than a MONTH! Both Matt and I are attending (along with a
number of other locals), and we'd love to have you join in. There have
been a number of seat sales from Toronto to Vancouver lately, so it's
definitely not too late!

-------------

The IxDA is pleased to announce its second annual conference -
interaction’09|vancouver.

Interaction’09|vancouver will be held from February 5-8, 2009 in
stunning Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada,
in conjunction with Simon Fraser University’s School of Interactive
Arts and Technology.

Join several hundred Interaction Designers from around the world as we
address the design of interactive systems of all types: applications
(web and desktop), mobile, consumer electronics, digitally enhanced
environments, and more. Start your year off with stimulating talk, fun
parties, and smart discussions about our growing field.

Interaction’09|vancouver will feature three days of inspirational and
tactical sessions geared at anyone who practices Interaction Design,
as well as 2 days of pre-conference workshops.

keynotes
John Thackara/ Doors of Perception
Fiona Raby / Royal College of Art
Kim Goodwin / Cooper
Dan Saffer / Kicker Studio
Genevieve Bell / Intel
Marc Rettig / Fit Associates

round table
Jared Spool / UIE

featured speakers
Luke W/ Yahoo!
Jenifer Tidwell / Google
Bjorn Hartman / Stanford University
David Malouf / SCAD
Lisa Reichelt / disambiguity
Katherine Coombs / Lloyds TSB
Robert Fabricant / Frog
Christina Wodtke / Linked In

plus 28 “lightning round” presenters, 2 days of pre-conference
workshops, and some surprises!
learn more at: http://www.interaction09.ixda.org/

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask us. We both attended
last year and had only rave reviews!

Meredith & Matt
toront...@ixda.org