IxDA Toronto has a new home!

Meredith Noble

Mar 1, 2010, 2:45:10 PM3/1/10
to IxDA Toronto
Greetings all!

I come bearing wonderful news. Matt and I have been dreaming of this
day for two years - the day when we would have a real online home for
IxDA Toronto, rather than just a sad little Google Group!

The new IxDA.org site has launched, and with it comes our new home:
http://www.ixda.org/local/ixda-toronto

This site has a place for:

- Event announcements & chatter
- Toronto-only discussion (discussions of interest to the wider IxDA
community can be had in the "Discussions" area of the site)
- Local job postings
- Resources (e.g. slide decks from events, other artifacts of
relevance)

Our own Matt Nish-Lapidus, now on the IxDA board and responsible for
infrastructure, has been responsible for this March roll-out of the
site. Thanks for your hard work, Matt.

Matt will give a quick walkthrough of the site at the event tonight,
but otherwise, feel free to go explore and post.

Note: If you had an account on the IxDA site previously, click
"Request Password" in the header when you first visit. Newcomers can
simply create a new account.

We'll keep cross-posting events on the Google Group for a while, but
eventually this list will be phased out, so you'll need to be
registered on the site to get event announcements.

That's it - go and enjoy your new home!

Meredith, Matt, Iain and Jeff