Need ability to change publish commit message

Doug Ross

Mar 9, 2011, 7:15:32 PM3/9/11
to ivysvn
We are using ivysvn and need to specify an issue ticket number in the
publish commit message. How can I get this feature added to the
project? Do you have a backlog of features to implement? Can I
contribute this feature to the project, if needed?

I'm thinking it would be ideal to have an ivy (or ant) property that
we can be set before calling the ivy publish task. Something along the
lines of this inside a target within the ant build.xml file:

<property name="ivysvn.publish.commit.message" value="published foobar
for ISSUE-KEY123"/>
<ivy:publish ... />

Any tips to get this feature added to the project and/or info on
contributing to the project would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Doug

Mass Dosage

Mar 10, 2011, 10:15:20 AM3/10/11
to ivy...@googlegroups.com, doug.r...@gmail.com
Hey Doug,

This is something I have also thought about and have a TODO somewhere
to implement this. I don't think it would be much work to implement, I
just doubt I will have any spare time to work on this until after May
(I have an upcoming holiday etc.) If you wanted to have a go at
implementing it yourself, you can check out the source code for
IvySvn, there's really not that much to it. Currently the comment is
created in SvnPublishTransaction on line 118. If you follow the code
back and see where that code is called and where the other values come
from there is hopefully an opportunity to allow for the optional
setting of what this comment should be. If you need any help or have
any questions just let me know.

Regards,

Adrian

Mass Dosage

Mar 10, 2011, 10:16:09 AM3/10/11
to ivy...@googlegroups.com, doug.r...@gmail.com
PS - feel free to create a feature request issue for this on the
Google code page, it's definitely worth doing even if you don't get
around to it.