FW: [IvySvn] download error

Igor Zaydlin

Apr 1, 2010, 8:22:34 PM4/1/10
to massd...@gmail.com, ivy...@googlegroups.com
Adrian,

If you would like, you could give me a jar with additional exception trace that gives more info why download was aborted.
I'll be happy to re-run it here, if this may make it easier to re-create and troubleshoot.

Thank you,
Igor

Apr 6, 2010, 12:27:29 PM4/6/10
to ivy...@googlegroups.com, IZay...@geneva-trading.com
Hey Igor,

I've never seen a failure message like that before - there is no stack trace and a null message. In both the files you attached the problematic resource appeared to be "Spring.Aop.dll", I assume you double checked that this file is actually there right? You also mentioned that it breaks on different files each time and happens when you download more than one. This couldn't be some sort of networking issue on your side? The connection being interrupted or something like that? Or some kind of limiting on the number of downloads per user? I'm guessing here but the fact that it's so random makes me think IvySvn isn't the cause here. Let me know, otherwise I can also send you the latest version built from SVN and you could try that and see if it helps in any way.

Regards,

Adrian
Apr 6, 2010, 12:49:45 PM4/6/10
to Woodhead, Adrian, ivy...@googlegroups.com
Adrian,

Spring.Aop.dll is there, and downloads fine as part of smaller set.

The problematic file is actually pretty sporadic ( could be any ).

Let's say I am downloading 5 files. Then 4 files download fine and 5th fails. If I do not clean cache and just re-run, then ivyResolver just downloads 5th with no problem. But if I clean and force to download full set, it fails on one of them.

It does not look like download is limited per user, since I can download the same set ( or much bigger one ) with TortoiseSVN without errors.

There potentially could be interrupted connection, that causing download fail. But I do not see this with TortoiseSVN or command line svn client,
and IvySvn errors consistently.

I wander, if you may have any time-out setting internally, that may get triggered this behavior ?

Would be great if you could send me the latest build to try.
Any way to put additional trace in to see what error actually caused download to abort ?

Thank you very much for your help,
Igor

Adrian Woodhead

Apr 6, 2010, 1:24:37 PM4/6/10
to ivy...@googlegroups.com, IZay...@geneva-trading.com
Igor,

I will send you a trunk build to try out and we can take it from
there. If you still get the same error then we can try adding some
more log output.

Adrian