[IvySvn] Using svn+ssh in ive-module dependencies definition?

Gareth

May 11, 2010, 4:56:24 PM5/11/10
to ivysvn
Hello,

I currently use the the apache ant svn module to download dependencies
on demand from our svn repository and I was hoping to move to ivy and
ivysvn to be able to take advantage of all the ivy features.

As I don't want to re-architect the repository structure immediately,
I would like my first step to be to use ivy/ivysvn to download files
directly from svn e.g.

<ivy-module version="2.0" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-
instance"
xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="http://ant.apache.org/ivy/
schemas/ivy.xsd">
<info
organisation="com.mycomp"
module="myproject"
status="integration">
</info>
<dependencies>
<dependency org="java" name="persistence" revision="2.0">
<artifact name="persistence" type="jar" url="svn+ssh://
<myrepository url>/hibernate-jpa-2.0-api-1.0.0.Final.jar" />
</dependency>
</dependencies>
</ivy-module>

I have setup my ivysettings.xml file to add svn to the classpath:

<ivysettings>
<classpath file="<my ive lib dir>/lib/ivysvnresolver.jar"/>
<classpath file="<my ive lib dir>/lib/trilead.jar"/>
<classpath file="<my ive lib dir>/lib/svnkit.jar"/>
<typedef name="svn"
classname="fm.last.ivy.plugins.svnresolver.SvnResolver"/>
.
.
</ivysettings>

Is this type of configuration possible (I currently receive the error
"unknown protocol svn+ssh"? Or can svn URLs only be used in resolver
definitions?

If someone could let me know, it would be much appreciated.

thanks very much in advance,
Gareth Collins

Mass Dosage

May 12, 2010, 4:50:58 AM5/12/10
to ivy...@googlegroups.com, gareth.o...@gmail.com
Hey Gareth,

I've never tried putting SVN URL's into ivy.xml, all the IvySvn
settings go into ivysettings.xml (see
http://code.google.com/p/ivysvn/wiki/Configuration for an example). I
don't think it will work if they go into ivy.xml as that doesn't know
about the resolver. I wasn't aware there was a url attribute on the
artifact element so if you want further clarification on that you
should probably ask on the Ivy mailing list.

Regards,

Adrian