Proxy Server Settings Issue with IvyDE

George Mackenney

Jun 30, 2011, 11:10:12 AM6/30/11
to ivysvn
Hi all

I recently encountered an issue trying to get ivysvn to work via a
proxy server when used within IvyDE.

Inside Ant, ivysvn is happy to accept proxy information either from
system properties coming from the command line or from the <setproxy>
task.

Inside Eclipse, using IvyDE, it is not possible to reliably set the
proxy information in such a way that ivysvn will pick it up. I've
created a patch of ivysvn which works around the issue by explicitly
providing the proxy server details when configuring ivysvn in the
ivysettings.xml. Happy to share the patch if you want it.

Regards

George.

Mass Dosage

Jun 30, 2011, 3:48:29 PM6/30/11
to ivy...@googlegroups.com
Hey George,

Proxy supported was contributed to IvySvn (see
http://code.google.com/p/ivysvn/source/browse/trunk/src/java/fm/last/ivy/plugins/svnresolver/ProxySettings.java).
I personally have never used it but it appeared to work for the
contributor. If you're having problems with it I'd prefer the existing
code to be modified rather than take something new. Either way, feel
free to create an issue on the project page and attach your patch, I'm
always happy to add them where it makes sense.

PEACE

Adrian