performance difference between apache svn mod and svnserve

brice

Sep 30, 2010, 4:29:49 AM9/30/10
to ivysvn
I've been doing some testing on a medium size projects (30 components
+ 30 external dependencies) and a full build from scratch downloading
all external artifacts with ivysvn takes 6 minutes connecting to
svnserve but 25 minutes connecting to an apache server in front of the
same repository. Is that an expected performance difference ?

thanks

brice

Mass Dosage

Oct 4, 2010, 5:57:01 AM10/4/10
to ivy...@googlegroups.com, brice...@gmail.com
Hey Brice,

All communications with Subversion from within IvySvn is through the
SvnKit library (http://svnkit.com/) so you might want to direct your
question there. Does manual downloading of files (e.g. using wget or
using a browser directly) also result in a speed difference between
the two configurations? I wouldn't expect there to be a difference
from IvySvn's point of view, the code would be the same for either
setup.

Regards,

Adrian

michel...@acsone.eu

Jul 6, 2012, 8:25:18 AM7/6/12
to ivy...@googlegroups.com
Hi Brice,

As I don't see any suite to your message, may I ask you if the performance problem has been solved ? If yes, where was the problem coming from ? I am guessing it is related to the "index" rules in Apache as the ivysvn resolver has to list folders contents to guess the version to use, etc.

Hoping you're still alive ;-)