Evicted Exhibit Viewing + Community Lunch Discussion

jeremiah lowery

Apr 22, 2018, 10:00:41 AM4/22/18
to jeremiah lowery
Join our friends and community members as we view the exhibit "Evicted" based on Matthew Desmond's book. We will then head to a nearby restaurant to have lunch and discuss housing policy.

We will meet by the Firehook bakery (located inside the museum) at 11:00 am on Sunday, April 29th.

To RSVP Email: jeremia...@gmail.com

Attend and invite friends on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/1829772517328281/

The exhibition is an immersive experience bringing our visitors into the world of low-income renter eviction. With unique design elements and striking graphics, Evicted challenges adults and youth to face the enormity of a difficult subject while providing context and a call to action.

The Museum is working with prize-winning eviction researcher and author Matthew Desmond, providing a way for more people to understand his work with families in the process of being evicted, landlords, moving companies, judges in eviction courts, and security teams.

The exhibition brings visitors to the intimate, frustrating, painful, and often repeated process of losing everything—furniture, food, heat, school supplies—as a family starts all over, over and over again.

--

Jeremiah Lowery
At-Large DC Council Candidate

Endorsed By:
DC For Democracy
Democracy for America
Run For Something
National Organization For Women DC Chapter
Vote Pro Choice
Jews United For Justice Campaign Fund

jeremiah lowery

Apr 27, 2018, 5:30:08 PM4/27/18
to jeremiah lowery
Join our friends and community members as we view the exhibit "Evicted" based on Matthew Desmond's book. We will then head to a nearby restaurant to have lunch and discuss housing policy in DC.

We will meet by the Firehook bakery (located inside the museum) at 11:00 am on Sunday, April 29th.

Location: National Building Museum, 401 F St NW, Washington, DC 20001

To RSVP Email: jeremia...@gmail.com

Attend and invite friends on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/1829772517328281/

The exhibition is an immersive experience bringing visitors into the world of low-income renter eviction. With unique design elements and striking graphics, Evicted challenges adults and youth to face the enormity of a difficult subject while providing context and a call to action.