[JOBS] DC Trail Rangers

Ursula Sandstrom

Nov 29, 2021, 7:59:56 PM11/29/21
to ivycityc...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I wanted to share that DC Trail Rangers, the field outreach and maintenance team on DC's paved trails, including the Metropolitan Branch Trail (and more!), is hiring because we are expanding to year-round and full-time!

Both job positions are linked here.
DC Trail Rangers (Full-time, $45,760 annual salary with benefits)
Trail Ranger Operations Manager (Full-time, $54,000 – $60,000 annual salary with benefits)

I've copied the full intro blog post below for easy reading of the general context.

Best,
Ursula

________________________

Coming soon – a year-round and full-time DC Trail Ranger team!

After running as a limited seasonal program for nine years, WABA and DDOT are proud to announce that the DC Trail Rangers are expanding to year-round starting 2022! This expansion means permanent living wage, green jobs as DC Trail Rangers, year-round programming and trail presence, and the opportunity to do cool long-term projects.

As such, we’re hiring! We are looking to hire six dependable and thoughtful people who can grow into their roles. There is not a standard job history, experience of biking, years of experience or skills set that made previous Trail Rangers successful. These positions (and program!) include a lot of different knowledge areas — we are not expecting new staff to know it all at the beginning, and the skills and strengths of everyone on the team will shape some particulars of how the program is run.

About the Trail Rangers Program

WABA’s Trail Ranger Program aims to make the District trails welcoming and inclusive to all residents, frequently used, and in a state of good repair. The program encourages trail use through daily trail presence, community engagement, trail maintenance, and trail user assistance. Trail Rangers cover paved multi-use trails within the District, including the Metropolitan Branch Trail, Anacostia River Trail, Marvin Gaye Trail, Oxon Run Trail, and connecting street routes. Trail Rangers act as trail ambassadors, offering a consistent and friendly presence to make the trails more enjoyable, inclusive and dependable for transportation and recreation.

Starting in 2022, the Trail Ranger Program will have full-time, year round staffing and operations (the program was seasonal for the previous nine years). Year round operation will enable WABA to have a professional trail team with ongoing training and skill development.

--
Ursula Sandstrom | Trail Ranger and Outreach Director
Washington Area Bicyclist Association

Working to improve biking in the DC area since 1972, support us today!

DC Trail Rangers Hiring.jpg