Early Voting Starts Today. Early Voting Message to Voters.

jeremiah lowery

Jun 4, 2018, 6:59:38 AM6/4/18
to jeremiah lowery

We started our campaign for At-Large DC Council in September, and we have had the opportunity to host two community feedback sessions in each ward, talk to DC residents at every metro station in DC, and have hosted city-wide community listening sessions on public safety, childcare, housing, and the environment.

It has been the absolute honor of my life to run for office in a city we love so much. We also have been fortunate to earn the endorsements of many organizations like the National Organization for Women - DC Chapter, Sierra Club-DC, and many other DC organizations.

As we start Early Voting, I want to highlight some key positions where I have fundamental disagreements with my opponents.

Marcus Goodwin

  • Goodwin has stated on record he would be in favor of Amazon coming to DC. I believe we need public hearings first and the community should have the opportunity to weigh in on a billion dollar deal. At the present time we should use legislative and budget measures to support small businesses, homeowners, and renters in DC.

  • The Washington Post stated that Goodwin would be able to quiet the voices of housing advocates and tenants in the Wilson Building. I believe that homeowners, renters, and tenants should be at the table when we legislate on housing policy.

  • Goodwin has stated on record he wants to repeal access to paid family leave for thousands of DC workers. I believe that all working women and families in DC should benefit from our paid leave law.

Anita Bonds

  • Bonds is also in favor of Amazon coming to DC without first knowing what is in the deal.

  • Bonds has refused to move a bill in her committee that would strengthen and reform rent control. At a time when renters and tenants are finding it harder and harder to stay in DC, I think that is irresponsible.

  • Bonds was supportive of legislation that would weaken and repeal parts of our paid family leave bill. I fully disagree.

This election is not an election of newcomers vs. political veterans. It is an election of working families and progressive values vs. monied interests. I have worked my whole career on legislation to support working families and I hope to continue that journey on the DC Council.

Early vote is June 4th-June 15th. Election Day is June 19th. Please vote for Jeremiah Lowery, At Large DC Council in the Democratic Primary

--

Jeremiah Lowery
At-Large DC Council Candidate

Endorsed By:
DC For Democracy
Democracy for America
Run For Something
National Organization For Women DC Chapter
Vote Pro Choice
Jews United For Justice Campaign Fund
SEIU 32BJ
Trans United