Your vote for Ward 5 Rep to the DC State BOE has never been more critical

1 view

Allyson Finch Wilson

Nov 5, 2018, 12:35:16 PM11/5/18
to IvyCityCommunity
Hello neighbors!

Over the past few weeks, I've spoken with hundreds of neighbors about our choices for who will serve next as our Ward 5 Rep to the DC State Board of Education. With enrollment at both DC Public and Public Charter Schools up, compared up significantly compared to just a decade ago, we all want to see continued momentum and support of these critical public institutions-- in fact, as taxpayers, we're owed that.

Zachary Parker is the Best Choice for Ward 5 Rep to the DC State BOE
I'm supporting Zachary Parker for Ward 5 Representative to the DC State Board of Education. Zachary is the only candidate actively working in DC Schools every day. He last taught 5th-grade math (God bless him for that) and now works as an education consultant, partnering with DC Schools-- Brookland MS, Dunbar SH, Mundo Verde-- to name a few. In fact, a few weeks ago, I was picking our 5-year old up from aftercare and I ran into Zachary as he was getting ready to lead a review of our school's ANet test data to develop strategies to help close achievement gaps.

Zachary Parker with school age girl.JPG

Zachary is Committed to Equity for Ward 5 Students
Zachary has a master's in education policy from Columbia University and his entire campaign is about equity for Ward 5 students. He's been endorsed by The Washington PostThe Washington Teacher's UnionJews United for Justice Campaign Fund, the majority of our Ward 5 ANCs and many other leaders in our community.

Zachary John Ray and other man.JPG

An Award-Winning Educator, Ready to Put Ward 5 Students First
No, he is not a father... yet. Frankly, I've been disappointed by the effort to wield that against him, as if that is somehow a negative. He is an award-winning teacher who would bring to the DC State Board of Ed the invaluable perspective of teachers, principals, and students. Who better to serve us than a passionate educator who can and will make working for our children his *entire focus*?

zach with boys.jpg

Vote Zachary Parker on Tuesday, November 6th
If you are still researching candidates, please check out the #InvestIn5 hashtag on twitter and visit www.votezacharyparker.com
Let's keep the momentum going for higher quality schools and better outcomes for our children.

Vote Zachary Parker tomorrow.

Allyson Wilson
25th St. NE