This Monday! DC Tour Stop for The Green New Deal

jeremiah lowery

May 12, 2019, 6:00:18 AM5/12/19
Reminder! Also, Congressmember Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (and Sen. Sanders) have just been added as speakers. Currently the event is sold out but if there are any youth or passionate environmentalists or community members who want to attend, please email me and I will provide complimentary tickets (while they last)! You can also watch the event on live stream!

Best

Jeremiah

Hi Community Members

If you are interested in how to the Green New Deal's national focus is connected to our DC local scene. Please see the event below.

Overview : Washington, DC is threatened by worsening climate change and environmental racism, and everyday residents still struggle from paycheck to paycheck.

But our city is also leading the way to a better world: from passing the Clean Energy Bill last year, to demanding clean air and water for everyone, community and political leaders are working hard to secure a safe and prosperous future for our city and everyone in it. We are leading the nation in the fight for a Green New Deal, and want to bring our successes to the national stage.

WHAT: Road to a Green New Deal Tour in Washington, DC

WHEN: Monday, May 13 at 7pm

WHERE: Cramton Auditorium, Howard U

WHO: I’ll be speaking alongside these amazing leaders:
  • Senator Ed Markey
  • Naomi Klein, author and activist
  • Rhiana Gunn-Wright, policy architect for the Green New Deal at New Consensus
  • Alexandra Rojas, Executive Director at Justice Democrat
  • Jeremiah Lowery, a community organizer
  • an 32BJ union member

Jeremiah Lowery
Local Community Organizer.

The Road to a Green New Deal Tour is coming to Washington, DC on Monday, May 13th for one reason: because we cannot win this fight without you.

Washington, DC is threatened by worsening climate change and environmental racism, and everyday residents still struggle from paycheck to paycheck. But our city is also leading the way to a better world: from passing the Clean Energy Bill last year, to demanding clean air and water for everyone, community and political leaders are working hard to secure a safe and prosperous future for our city and everyone in it. We are leading the nation in the fight for a Green New Deal, and want to bring our successes to the national stage.

That's why we're bringing together community organizers, politicians, policy writers, and just regular Americans in DC and chart out the next two years of organizing, mobilization, and collaboration that will build the power we need to win a Green New Deal. This tour is the best tool we have to build a powerful foundation for the next wave of action - which means we need you there on the 13th.

The Road to a Green New Deal Tour stop in Washington, DC is coming up fast, and tickets are going to be limited - get yours before they're gone.

Here are all the event details:

WHAT: Road to a Green New Deal Tour in Washington, DC

WHEN: Monday, May 13 at 7pm

WHERE: Cramton Auditorium, Howard U

WHO: I’ll be speaking alongside these amazing leaders:

  • Senator Ed Markey

  • Naomi Klein, author and activist

  • Rhiana Gunn-Wright, policy architect for the Green New Deal at New Consensus

  • Alexandra Rojas, Executive Director at Justice Democrat

  • Jeremiah Lowery, a community organizer and activist Jeremiah Lowery

  • an 32BJ union member

We've put the Green New Deal at the center of a national conversation about climate action, and we did it faster and with fewer resources than anyone (including me) thought possible. We did it because we organized, and spoke the truth about the depth of the crisis we're facing as a generation.

This tour is where you can become a bigger part of the story that will shape our future, and the future for generations to come. I want to see you there - and then in the weeks and months after as we take action together.

Get your tickets here, and I'll see you on May 13th!

Varshini

P.S. Can’t make it to the event? Help make the tour a success by inviting your friends to attend by forwarding this email or sending them a text.

Sunrise is a movement to stop climate change and create millions of good jobs in the process. If someone forwarded you this email, sign up here to get updates from Sunrise.

Sent via ActionNetwork.org. To update your email address, change your name or address, or to stop receiving emails from Sunrise, please click here.

--

Jeremiah Lowery
(240) 772-1356

--