URGENT: San Jose AUG 25, Support HR3012

Puneet S. Arora

Aug 8, 2012, 4:39:07 PM8/8/12
to iv...@googlegroups.com, iv-m...@googlegroups.com, iv-w...@googlegroups.com, michi...@googlegroups.com, ivnew...@googlegroups.com, SC_Immigra...@yahoogroups.com, color...@yahoogroups.com
Hello everyone,

While all has been quiet on this forum for some time now, our advocacy in DC has been continuing and making significant progress. HR3012, a bil we helped initiate and have supported since it's initiation will remove country quotas from EB immigration thus providing significant relief from backlogs for Indian and Chinese skilled workers. The bill is in it's last stages in the senate after passing the house with an overwhelming majority- the first immigration bill in about a decade to do so! We need one final push to get this bill through. The President supports it and will sign it. Please see the message below and come to San Jose for this rally. It will be an experience you will never forget, and perhaps never replicate. Also, the following actions are critical right now:

1. Visit the IV web page ( http://immigrationvoice.org/index.php ) and download posters to put up in public places
2. Forward this information to all affected immigrants
3. Post on your social networks (For FB, share from here: https://www.facebook.com/Support.HR30120 )
4. Donate...we need you help for this huge undertaking!
5. IMPORTANT: I am looking for some help in ALABAMA, if you have friends there who can help, please let me know.

We have come a long way. Many of you already have a Green card. I do too. But that is not a reason to sit back and let this opportunity pass by us.

Puneet

Dear Immigration Voice Members:

Working together, we have made so much progress on the bill H.R. 3012, the Fairness for High-Skilled Immigrants Act. Because of your work, this legislation, which would finally eliminate discriminatory per country ceilings, has already passed the House by an overwhelming vote of 389 to 15. But for this bill to become law, H.R.3012 must now pass the Senate, where the bill has been pending for months.

We are now at a very critical juncture, and we need your help. Members of the Senate must hear from Immigration Voice's grassroots members across the country and realize the urgent need for this legislation.

To help get our message across, Immigration Voice will hold 'Fairness and Freedom March' in the city of San Jose, California, on Saturday, August 25th, 2012. We ALL have to attend this rally and stand up for what we believe in - passage of H.R. 3012 and the elimination of these unfair per country caps. We are the ones whose lives and careers are at stake here, so we have to be the ones to show up. We cannot rely on other groups to take care of us. This is a make or break moment for this bill and we need ALL members from across the country to attend the rally in San Jose and stand up in support of H.R.3012.

Shortly, we will be sending detailed information on the logistics of the 'Fairness & Freedom March'. If you would like to book your travel to attend this rally, however, please go ahead and plan on being in Downtown San Jose, California, at 12:00 noon on August 25. Please plan on staying with us until at least 7:00 PM on the day of the rally.

We all share the same frustration about the slow progress of the bill, but we can't get discouraged or give up the fight. We have come too far. Let's get together to make a difference and channel our frustration towards visible action in the heart of Silicon Valley, which is widely regarded as the epicenter of the innovation economy.

When thousands of us come together and express our desire for fairness, we will make our voices heard. Our goals are clear and there is a path to victory. Let's march together because we are in this together and fighting for a fairer system that matters to all of us. There is nothing stronger and more powerful than honest hardworking people coming together to call for fairness and freedom.

Please mark your calendars and plan on being in San Jose on August 25, and let's give H.R.3012 bill the real grassroots final push it needs.

I look forward to meeting you at Fairness and Freedom march.

Thank you,
Immigration Voice

========
Please RSVP and confirm your attendance at the rally as soon as possible so that it will help our team of volunteers with planning and logistics for this huge event.
=======