IV UPDATE

Puneet S. Arora

Jun 23, 2008, 1:24:59 PM6/23/08
to iv-phy...@googlegroups.com, iv-m...@googlegroups.com, iv-w...@googlegroups.com, iv...@googlegroups.com, color...@yahoogroups.com, ivnew...@googlegroups.com, Meenal Sinha, sumita arora

Update from Aman Kapoor:

In the weekly call our counsel were informed that CHC leadership has
expressed their willingness to consider not opposing Lofgren bills.
They also requested if there could be something done to stop the
barrage of phone calls to the office of Rep. Joe Baca and Gutierrez.

Based on this our counsel advised us to start another campaign to
call  republican Rep. Lamar Smith's office with the same message instead
of the campaign to call Rep. Joe and Gutierrez.

This is a significant win and Thank you to everybody who called or
motivated others to make the phone calls to CHC members.

Rep. Lamar Smith:

Washington D.C. Office
2409 Rayburn House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
202-225-4236
202-225-8628 fax
Hours: 8:30am - 6:00pm EST, Monday - Friday

Jennifer Y. Brown, Chief of Staff
Kristina Harris, Executive/Legislative Assistant
Gerardo Interiano, Legislative Director
Ashlee Vinyard, Legislative Assistant
Christine McCarty, Press Secretary
Dan Rosso, Special Projects Manager/Legislative Assistant
Meredith Stivers, Legislative Correspondent
Susan Thomas, Staff Assistant

Puneet S. Arora

Jun 23, 2008, 2:22:57 PM6/23/08
to iv-phy...@googlegroups.com, iv-w...@googlegroups.com, color...@yahoogroups.com, ivnew...@googlegroups.com, Meenal Sinha, sumita arora, Sanjeev Thiyagarajan, samir ibrahim, nait...@yahoo.com

Folks when you call Rep. Lamar smiths office you can use the following:-

Rep Smith has been a champion of high skilled immigration bills and I request Rep Smith to support similar bills such as HR5882, HR6039 and HR5921 that are currently before the House Judiciary committee. These bills have good bipartisan support and will increase American Competitiveness. I request Rep Smith to support these bills and increase the bi partisan support.

Puneet S. Arora

Jun 23, 2008, 2:26:12 PM6/23/08
to iv-phy...@googlegroups.com, iv-w...@googlegroups.com, color...@yahoogroups.com, ivnew...@googlegroups.com, Meenal Sinha, sumita arora, Sanjeev Thiyagarajan, samir ibrahim, nait...@yahoo.com, iv-m...@googlegroups.com, iv...@googlegroups.com, iv...@yahoogroups.com

Re: update below

Please note that we are NOT calling reps Baca or Guiterrez any more.