IUI Nevigation does not work in Blackberry

Yogesh Salvi

Jul 12, 2012, 5:11:05 AM7/12/12
to iui-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hello Friends,

I am developing one mobile app with Phonegap Build and IUI.
Android build working fine, but when I install app to BlackBerry Curve 8520, its loads first screen properly, but the navigation to another screen its not working.

Even I tried to open following link to its HotSpot Browser, it navigation on this page also not working.
http://www.iui-js.org/documentation/latest/iui/web-app/tutorials/getting-started/example-link1.html

Please let me know how can I debug this issue.

Thanks in advanced.
Yogesh

Remi Grumeau 

Jul 12, 2012, 8:31:19 AM7/12/12
to iui-dev...@googlegroups.com, iui-dev...@googlegroups.com
is it a OS5, 6 or 7 sustem running on it?

Remi Grumeau

Yogesh Salvi

Jul 12, 2012, 8:58:38 AM7/12/12
to iui-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hello Remi,

Its having OS version 5.0.0.1036.

On Thursday, July 12, 2012 6:01:19 PM UTC+5:30, Remi Grumeau wrote:
is it a OS5, 6 or 7 sustem running on it?

Remi Grumeau

Hello Friends,

Remi Grumeau 

Jul 12, 2012, 2:43:27 PM7/12/12
to iui-dev...@googlegroups.com, iui-dev...@googlegroups.com
yeah...

PhoneGap, correct me if i'm wrong, is using the web browsing capabilities of the phone inside an app. mostly.

iUI has been created for iPhone only in mind (since it was the only real smartphone on te market), so it uses some Javascript functions only latest / good browsers supports (querySelectors).

Sadly, it means there is no way to make iUI a viable solution for BB OS5 or WindowsPhone. At least without some additionnal / specific codes.

Sorry for the bad news... :(

Remi

Yogesh Salvi

Jul 13, 2012, 2:37:39 AM7/13/12
to iui-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hello Remi,

Thanks for your reply.

But, I can see BlackBerry support on http://www.iui-js.org/ home page banner.

I will try to debug and try to make it work, else I have to recode my entire in in some other lib like jQuery Mobile, etc.

Hoping for best...

On Friday, July 13, 2012 12:13:27 AM UTC+5:30, Remi Grumeau wrote:
yeah...

PhoneGap, correct me if i'm wrong, is using the web browsing capabilities of the phone inside an app. mostly.

iUI has been created for iPhone only in mind (since it was the only real smartphone on te market), so it uses some Javascript functions only latest / good browsers supports (querySelectors).

Sadly, it means there is no way to make iUI a viable solution for BB OS5 or WindowsPhone. At least without some additionnal / specific codes.

Sorry for the bad news... :(

Remi

Hello Remi,

Remi Grumeau 

Jul 13, 2012, 4:31:26 AM7/13/12
to iui-dev...@googlegroups.com, iui-dev...@googlegroups.com
We do support Blackberry OS6, 7 & Playbook (aka coming BB X), since they have a webkit based browser. Since OS6 doesn' have hardware acceleration, it is a bit slow to perform transitions btw...

We might have to clarify that.

if you want to support OS5, you have to:
- replace the querySelector part
- forget about all css3 definitions / styles
- use JS transitions (aka slide1, you'll understand when you'll get to this point)
- test on the device
- submit your working solution to a clone on Git so we can integrate that to iUI :)

i honnestly wish you good luck! if you have some JS skills, then it might not be too long/complicated. if not, contact any JS freelancer, shouldn't be more than 2 days' job.

Remi

Sean Gilligan

Jul 13, 2012, 12:33:14 PM7/13/12
to iui-dev...@googlegroups.com
On 7/13/12 1:31 AM, Remi Grumeau  wrote:
> We do support Blackberry OS6, 7 & Playbook (aka coming BB X), since
> they have a webkit based browser.

It doesn't have to be webkit-based browser to be supported by iUI, but
for obvious reasons webkit is well-supported. The browser needs to be
modern and standards-based (e.g. addEventListener - not IE's
attachEvent, CSS3, etc.)

> Since OS6 doesn' have hardware acceleration, it is a bit slow to
> perform transitions btw...
>
> We might have to clarify that.
>
> if you want to support OS5, you have to:
> - replace the querySelector part
> - forget about all css3 definitions / styles
> - use JS transitions (aka slide1, you'll understand when you'll get to
> this point)
> - test on the device
> - submit your working solution to a clone on Git so we can integrate
> that to iUI :)

I'm not sure we would want to integrate all of changes into iUI core. If
you want to submit your changes to iUI for distribution with the release
and community support, I would focus on creating a (CSS2-based) theme
and an iUI Extension that works on BB OS 5. If you need some changes in
core let us know ASAP on the list and we'll be open to them as long as
they aren't too major. (The goal of iUI is to be lightweight and not to
support legacy browsers.)

Keep us posted with any progress and/or questions.

-- Sean