Website comments

Michael nietzold

Apr 13, 2012, 7:07:20 AM4/13/12
to iui-dev...@googlegroups.com
1) I dont find a link to the kitchensink examples (stage or demo site of iui) on the website. I would expect it on the page "demo" (or if not there on the gallery)

2) in the gallery it should be written which version of iui the example sites are using

3) wrong link

The visit website button has a wrong link here:

http://www.iui-js.org/powered-by/index.html?id=mref

Von meinem iDingens gesendet...

Remi Grumeau 

Apr 14, 2012, 4:45:49 AM4/14/12
to iui-dev...@googlegroups.com, iui-dev...@googlegroups.com
On 13 avr. 2012, at 01:07 PM, Michael nietzold <niet...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 1) I dont find a link to the kitchensink examples (stage or demo site of iui) on the website. I would expect it on the page "demo" (or if not there on the gallery)

good point.
the reason is did this is because it's a mobile web framework, so it might be broken on desktop browser, so no reason to access it from desktop.
But since it actually works on most desktop browser
, and people may come from a mobile device, it would make sense to have a "live demo" link... at least in the demo section , and next to the download button on the homepage

> 2) in the gallery it should be written which version of iui the example sites are using

yep, good idea too

> 3) wrong link
>
> The visit website button has a wrong link here:
> http://www.iui-js.org/powered-by/index.html?id=mref

good catch!

> Von meinem iDingens gesendet...

Sean Gilligan

Apr 14, 2012, 5:26:10 AM4/14/12
to iui-dev...@googlegroups.com, Michael nietzold
On 4/13/12 4:07 AM, Michael nietzold wrote:
> 1) I dont find a link to the kitchensink examples (stage or demo site of iui) on the website. I would expect it on the page "demo" (or if not there on the gallery)
>
> 2) in the gallery it should be written which version of iui the example sites are using

These are both great suggestions. Would someone please add them to the
Issues DB with the label "Component-Website" so they'll be in the
official "to do" list for the website:

http://code.google.com/p/iui/issues/list?q=label:Component-Website

It would also be nice if someone developed a single demo app (single
HTML page) that is a "kitchen sink" demo. A starting point would be
combining a bunch of the apps in the test directory (though some of the
tests have too many purely test cases, that aren't right for a Kitchen
Sink-style demo)

> 3) wrong link
>
> The visit website button has a wrong link here:
>
> http://www.iui-js.org/powered-by/index.html?id=mref

Fixed:
http://www.iui-js.org/powered-by/index.html?id=mref

-- Sean

Michael Nietzold

Apr 14, 2012, 1:51:16 PM4/14/12
to iui-dev...@googlegroups.com
Am 14. April 2012 10:45 schrieb Remi Grumeau  <remi.g...@gmail.com>:
On 13 avr. 2012, at 01:07 PM, Michael nietzold <niet...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 1) I dont find a link to the kitchensink examples (stage or demo site of iui) on the website. I would expect it on the page "demo" (or if not there on the gallery)

good point.
the reason is did this is because it's a mobile web framework, so it might be broken on desktop browser, so no reason to access it from desktop.
But since it actually works on most desktop browser
, and people may come from a mobile device, it would make sense to have a "live demo" link... at least in the demo section , and next to the download button on the homepage

Sean Gilligan

Apr 14, 2012, 10:06:45 PM4/14/12
to iui-dev...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the 3 Issues, Michael!

I've set the tags, etc.

-- Sean

Rémi Grumeau

Apr 15, 2012, 11:37:10 AM4/15/12
to iui-dev...@googlegroups.com
> It would also be nice if someone developed a single demo app (single HTML page) that is a "kitchen sink" demo. A starting point would be combining a bunch of the apps in the test directory (though some of the tests have too many purely test cases, that aren't right for a Kitchen Sink-style demo)

Is this what we are talking about?
http://remigrumeau-iui-dev.googlecode.com/git/web-app/test/complete.html

Or are you talking about a contact, notes or photos?

Remi

Sean Gilligan

Apr 15, 2012, 7:23:37 PM4/15/12
to iui-dev...@googlegroups.com
On 4/15/12 8:37 AM, R�mi Grumeau wrote:
>> It would also be nice if someone developed a single demo app (single HTML page) that is a "kitchen sink" demo. A starting point would be combining a bunch of the apps in the test directory (though some of the tests have too many purely test cases, that aren't right for a Kitchen Sink-style demo)
> Is this what we are talking about?
> http://remigrumeau-iui-dev.googlecode.com/git/web-app/test/complete.html

Yes. That is exactly what I'm talking about. (Except, of course, that
it shouldn't have features that aren't supported in the corresponding
released version of iUI -- like "hidebackbutton", etc.)

-- Sean

Remi Grumeau 

Apr 16, 2012, 3:04:32 AM4/16/12
to iui-dev...@googlegroups.com
hidebackbutton is native to iUI for a while now... i don't get why you don't want to see it in here.

Remi

Sean Gilligan

Apr 16, 2012, 3:17:20 AM4/16/12
to iui-dev...@googlegroups.com
On 4/16/12 12:04 AM, Remi Grumeau  wrote:
> hidebackbutton is native to iUI for a while now... i don't get why you don't want to see it in here.

I don't think so. Can you show me where it is in "master"?

-- Sean

Remi Grumeau 

Apr 16, 2012, 3:27:57 AM4/16/12
to iui-dev...@googlegroups.com
line 852
:)

Remi

Sean Gilligan

Apr 16, 2012, 12:20:21 PM4/16/12
to iui-dev...@googlegroups.com
On 4/16/12 12:27 AM, Remi Grumeau  wrote:
> line 852

Haha! Well, whaddya'know...
http://code.google.com/p/iui/source/browse/web-app/iui/iui.js#852
I had to check when that code was added and it's been there since 0.12!

Personally, I'd like to deprecate that feature at some point. It's just
too much of a special case feature. We need a general way to change the
toolbar buttons on a view-by-view basis, not a bunch of special case
LOCs (lines-of-code) like that. I definitely don't want to remove it now
because we don't have the more generic way, it's not causing any bugs
and I want to get 0.4 out the door. After we add a more general way of
setting buttons we should probably remove it.

A couple quick, related thoughts:

1) Is there a way to hide the back button with TbBMod?
2) I had an idea for a more generic solution: we could put a classname
somewhere on each view and when that view becomes active, apply that
class to the .toolbar div. Users could then use custom CSS to show/hide
buttons based upon the class. (I'm not sure this a *good* idea, it's
just an idea)

-- Sean

Sean Gilligan

Apr 16, 2012, 1:07:20 PM4/16/12
to iui-dev...@googlegroups.com
On 4/16/12 12:04 AM, Remi Grumeau  wrote:
> hidebackbutton is native to iUI for a while now... i don't get why you don't want to see it in here.

My other objection, btw, is that history.go(-1) is not the right way
implement a "go back" button. If you load the view via bookmark, this
won't work.

Remember, the back button and browser history are two different things.

A better solution would be to use iui.goBack() or for us to create some
special markup that will allow any (button) element to be a backButton
without requiring the use of JavaScript.

-- Sean

Aaron Walton

May 15, 2012, 8:08:28 AM5/15/12
to iui-dev...@googlegroups.com
Not sure if this is the place, but I looked over this and on the form-elements panel, the initial values for checkbox and radio buttons are not set.

Also, does all these "input" formats work on a dialog form as well? or is that not how it's done in iUI?  The only dialogs I've ever seen here are simple text box ones.

Remi Grumeau

May 15, 2012, 11:45:06 AM5/15/12
to iui-dev...@googlegroups.com
Don't think dialog would handle select or radio elements well, at least it hasn't been tested.
Again iUI is a canvas you can do everything with. We come with default behaviors, but feel free to add/modify yours!

And of course, after a few tests if you find a good way to make it works, please push it to a clone of yours :)

Sent from my BlackBerry® PlayBook™
www.blackberry.com