Last Geocaching Event is on Friday!

IU Geocaching

Apr 28, 2011, 3:55:02 PM4/28/11
to iugeoc...@googlegroups.com

Nightcaching Event
Friday, April 29th
8:30pm Rides will be provided from campus
Come and celebrate the end of the year and blow off some steam before finals! We're going to walk the B-Line Trail in downtown Bloomington where we'll spend 1-3 hours finding geocaches in the dark. It's an urban trail, so we won't have to deal with mud, bushes, etc.
Bring a flashlight or team up with someone else that has one! We'll have a few extra GPS units and flashlights. You can bring friends! It should be a very fun event for those people new to geocaching and others that are. http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=217466751603741&index=1
If you need a ride, please let us know at https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dEh3b0taZGZ4N0NrWl9DZGpuY2RHTnc6MQ

GPS Units available at the Library!
And just a reminder, there are 6 GPS units available for students, staff & faculty to check-out using your student IDs within the Wells Library. You must go to the circulation desk on the second floor of the East Tower. This can be accessed through the elevator on the east side, or through the escalator that's in the lobby. You can check out the GPS units for 4 days. Check one out this summer and try geocaching!

Summer Events!
We'll still be having some occasional events this summer as we know that there's quite a few people still in town AND you can always come back to visit for a geocaching event. Don't forget that there's 1.3 million geocaches worldwide, so whereever you are this summer, there are geocaches to be found. If you're staying in town, let us know, as I'm sure there's someone going geocaching every weekend that would love a new friend to geocache with.

The first summer event we have planned is
Crooked Creek Carousal Canoe Caching Competition Saturday, 21 May 2011 at Crooked Creek, which is about 10 miles east of Bloomington. Registrations starts at 10:00am and the race kicks off at 11:00am. It's a fun canoeing and caching competition that involves mental and physical challenges. It's going to be fun! E-mail us at iugeoc...@gmail.com if you want to come so we can arrange to rent some canoes and put together some teams!

Hope you had fun! Hope to see you at a geocaching event in the future!

Jess
Geocaching Club Co-President
http://www.indiana.edu/~geocache