Upcoming Geocaching Event This Weekend

IU Geocaching

Aug 16, 2012, 11:41:23 PM8/16/12
to iugeoc...@googlegroups.com
Welcome Back!

Next Event: Picnic in the Park
Saturday, August 18 from 12-3pm
Meet in front of the Indiana Memorial Union in the circle drive. Please be there by 11:45am so we can get there on time. We'll have plenty of people there with GPS units to share and we'll provide rides.
You can view details on the Geocaching Event Page including what food other people are bringing. Feel free to bring friends.
RSVP- Please reply to this email by 8:00am Saturday morning letting me know if you plan to attend so I can arrange a ride for you. In the email please include your name and any friends you are bringing along with a cell phone number in case something happens. If you have a car and can help provide rides, please let me know!
Also this is a pitch in event so please plan to bring something. We are all college students so we don't expect anything crazy. A package of cookies or a bag of chips from the C-Store would suffice. Most C-Stores don't open until noon on weekends, so pick up something on Friday.

GPS Units available at the Library!
If you haven't heard, there are 4 GPS units available for students to check-out for FREE using your student IDs within the Wells Library. You must go to the circulation desk on the second floor of the East Tower. This can be accessed through the escalator that's in the lobby. You can check out the GPS units for 4 days. They also come with instruction manuals!

Geocaching with your iPhone, Android Phone, or other Smartphone
If you didn't already know, you can use your iPhone to geocache! Geocaching.com has iPhone application that's $9.99 and a free trial that allows you to find 3 geocaches. Visit http://www.geocaching.com/live/ for more information. That's MUCH cheaper than paying for a GPS unit! Will (the Vice President) uses the application and says it works great. The Android version is c:geo. If you search the play store for "cgeo" you will find it. It is completely free.

Some other places to join, so you can hear more!
Make sure to join our Facebook Group.
Plus you can let us know of where you might like to travel to on Facebook or find other people to go geocaching with.
We also have a website where we post events and you can get more info about our club.

Want to see how many geocaches are in the area?
Geocaching Map
After you register for the website, please let me know what your screenname is (Mine is Recon09) and we'll add you to our Members page.
If you'd like to find some more, visit the geocache search page or the . You should use 47406 as the address if you want to look for some more on campus.

I'm looking forward to seeing you soon! Let me know if you have any questions.

Jeff Dunfee
Geocaching Club President
http://www.indiana.edu/~geocache