Upcoming IU Geocaching Club Events

IU Geocaching

Sep 1, 2011, 9:06:00 PM9/1/11
to iugeoc...@googlegroups.com
Hello IU Geocaching Club and welcome back to campus!  The year is off to an exciting start and what better way to enjoy the beautiful weather than to go Geocaching?

Our upcoming events are as follows:

Spring Mill State Park Night-Caching Event
On Friday, September 9th, a group of Geocahers will be getting together to eat nachos and go night-caching.  Here is the official Geocaching.com event page with more details.  The IU Geocaching Club will be attending and providing rides, and if you want to carpool with us, please sign-up here.  We will meet at 6pm at the IMU Circle Drive.

Also, please bring a flashlight and sign up for the event itself here.  The nacho bar is pitch-in, but seasoned beef will be provided. We are counting on you to bring tortilla chips, cheese, toppings, drinks and desserts. PLEASE let us know what you are bringing (on the registration form for the event) so we know there will be plenty of everything to go around.

Jess, our founder and former president, says that this event 2 years ago was one of the most memorable Geocaching events she has attended in the past 7 years and that it is definantly worth attending.

Student Involvement Fair
The IU Geocaching Club needs volunteers for the annual Student Involvement Fair on Wednesday, September 7th from 11am-3pm in the Indiana Memorial Union Parking lot.  We are having volunteers sign up in one hour shifts and your help would be greatly appreciated.  Sign up to volunteer here.

Welcome to Geocaching Event
The IU Geocaching Club is once again hosting it's annual "Welcome to Geocaching" Event on Sunday, September 11th at 12pm.  Meet at the sample gates.

Experienced Geocachers will lead groups of new Geocachers to various Geocaches on and around campus to show them what Geocaching is all about.

Here is the official Geocaching.com page for this event.

Thank you and have a great weekend!
-The IU Geocaching Club Leadership Team