Geocaching Event on Sunday!

Jessica Falkenthal

Jul 22, 2011, 3:56:22 PM7/22/11
to iugeoc...@googlegroups.com

Hey everyone!

Our next geocaching event in Bloomington is on Sunday, July 24th.

Cache-mas in July Cache Dash
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?wp=GC2ZY08

We will meet at Bryan Park at 10am for an overview of the event and a meet & greet and then at 10:30am, we will break into teams of 2-3 people to find special tokens within several area caches. First team back to the shelter with 6 tokens wins! (If you didn't get the reference July 25 is considered "Christmas in July" thus making the day before Cache-mas Eve. :) ) There should be prizes.

This is a family-friendly event so please feel free to bring families and friends along! And if you don't want to participate in the game, feel free to stick around and socialize with other geocachers!
I might change the time to the morning due to the weather being milder in the morning (at the request of a few local cachers), so let me know if that hinders your ability to attend! Make sure to check the event page! If you need a ride, let me know, but it is within walking distance of campus!

Also, I wanted to let you know that Geowoodstock 2012 is scheduled to be in Sellersburg, INDIANA on May 26, 2012!
GeoWoodstock is the world's largest geocaching event with 4000-5000 geocachers from around the world attending! This is the 10th anniversary of GeoWoodstock, so it's going to be epic.
Combining a meet and greet opportunity for players from around the world with a series of classes and workshops, appearances by legends of the Geocaching community and the single largest assembly of Geocaching vendors, GeoWoodstock has grown from a small meeting into the annual international convention for the game of Geocaching.
Each year, GeoWoodstock is held in a new geographic region and hosted by the local clubs, giving cachers from around the world a chance to hunt, explore and make new friends in fresh and interesting territory. No matter what kind of geocaching you love, you'll find a friend at GeoWoodstock.
There won't be a GeoWoodstock closer to us than us in the next decade, so I recommend taking advantage of this amazing opportunity!
You can RSVP for GeoWoodstock at http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?wp=GC2X6ZV  and learn more about the event at http://www.geowoodstock.com
Alex, Jeff, Dillon and I attended GeoWoodstock 2011 in Warren, PA on July 2nd and it was the most memorable weekend of my life! We had so much fun, that I highly recommend attending it out next year! The event is FREE, although they have different levels of optional paid registration that include name tags/lanyards, t-shirts, lunch, geocoins, etc. If you have any questions about the event, let me know!
We're also seeing how the Bloomington Geocachers and Geocaching Club at Indiana University can assist the event planning committee with the event, so I will let you know after I have more details regarding how we can help!

I hope you're having an amazing summer of geocaching! I hope to see you at an upcoming event.

Hope to see you at the event!

Jess (Mickey4Jes)
Jess (Mickey4Jes)