Reminder: Pre-pay for Sunday's Canoe Event- due TODAY!

1 view

IU Geocaching

Sep 27, 2012, 1:12:49 AM9/27/12
to iugeoc...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone,

On Sunday, September 30th, the Geocaching Club is hosting a geocaching canoeing adventure. We only have room for the first 30 people who RSVP and pay online, so please register ASAP! It will be $6/person.
You MUST RSVP and pre-pay ONLINE by 11;pm on Thursday, September 27. If you decide after 11:59pm that you want to go, feel free to RSVP online and we'll try to get you a ride there, but we can't guarantee a spot.  (We might luck out and have extra canoes at Outdoor Adventures, but we can't guarantee!)

RSVP at: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?fromEmail=true&formkey=dEZxS3htUW9tbnpJNFNYR0R2UTJVRkE6MQ

Pay online at http://pledgie.com/campaigns/18255 We might be able to make arrangements to meet you in person, if you don't have a credit card or can't get your parents to do it for you.

We are going canoeing at Lake Monroe to find a series of pirate themed geocaches on a few islands on the northeast side of Lake Monroe. There will be a carpool and we will be splitting the costs of the canoes. Some people have chosen to be pirate themed and wear bandanas. We hope to have an IU pirate flag to hang from one of our canoes.

We will meet at 9:30am outside of Eigenmann Hall for the carpool. (This may change.) Wear old clothes (might want to bring a spare), bring water and snacks, and pack light. We may be wading through some mud, so please do not bring shoes that you care about. Flipflops might be a good idea because you could take them off. Here's a video of what the adventure looked like 2 years ago: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7pPudEWV7s

Let us know if you have any questions

Hope to see you there!
Jeff Dunfee