Geocaching Club Updates: Lake Monroe Challenge, Flash Mob, and more!

IU Geocaching

Jan 30, 2012, 7:00:10 PM1/30/12
to iugeoc...@googlegroups.com
Hello Everyone!

The Spring semester is off to a great start! Here are a few updates about things going on with the Geocaching Club.

First Annual Reservoir Ramble Geocache Challenge, Saturday, February 4th at 10:00am
  • There is a geocaching event THIS Saturday. The event is a challenge that takes you on a tour around Lake Monroe and the surrounding parks. The Geocaching Club will be heading out to Paynetown State Recreational Area to participate. This event will be a great way to explore the Lake Monroe Area and get a feel for how geocaching around Lake Monroe can be a great hobby.
  • This is a team based event so who ever participates will be on a team. Ideally one team per car. The challenge will end around 4pm where results will be announced, but the challenge itself should only take 3-4 hours to complete. We will be setting up a carpool for anyone who would like to attend. If you would like to join us, please RSVP and let us know if you need a ride!
  • RSVP here: http://dft.ba/-GeocacheRSVP
  • Facebook Event: http://www.facebook.com/events/285903284806714/
  • Questions? Let us know!
Facebook Group
  • We have a Facebook group where we plan casual geocaching outings and pass ideas around. If you haven't joined yet, please do! It's a great way to get involved with the Geocaching Club and meet other students.
  • Facebook Group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/5543223221/
Upcoming Events
  • Leap-year Flash Mob, We are currently in the process of planning a flash mob for Wednesday, February 29th. Stay tuned for details!
  • Partnering with REI, REI has contacted us about potentially partnering with us for an event for the community some time this spring in conjunction with their store opening in Castleton, IN. If you would like to help be involved in this outreach opportunity, let us know! Keep an eye out for more details.
Officer Positions
  • Want to be more involved in the Geocaching Club? Want to help plan events and become a leader? A few of our officers are graduating this semester and we need enthusiastic people to fill their roles. Being an officer in a campus organization is a great thing to add on your resume and talk about in interviews. The Geocaching Club has great opportunities for outreach and collaborating with many other organizations around Southern Indiana. If you might be interested in an officer position for Fall 2012, please contact us.
Looking forward to seeing some of you at the event this weekend!

Alex Lemont
- Co-president, Geocaching Club at IU