Our article coming soon: Coordinated species importation policies are needed to reduce serious invasions globally: the case of alien bumble bees in South America

Carolina Morales

Mar 4, 2018, 6:20:37 AM3/4/18
to iucn-bu...@googlegroups.com, Marcelo Aizen
Dear BBSG Members,

Next Tuesday 6th March, The Journal of Applied Ecology will publish the article titled:
 "Coordinated species importation policies are needed to reduce serious invasions globally: the case of alien bumble bees in South America".
This article, leaded by Marcelo A. Aizen , has been co-authored by researchers of Argentina, Chile, USA and Canada, including various members of the South American and North American section of this BBSG.
The content and main message of this article is in line with the Commercial Bumblebee Policy Statement issued by the BBSG ( https://www.iucn.org/es/node/24535), and may provide a strong support to our Statement.
Thus,  we would greatly appreciate your help in disseminating this article that deals with the causes and a consequences of the invasion of Bombus terrestris in South America  from different perspectives.

 The  press embargo of this article is due March 6 and press dissemination is being coordinated by Sabrina Weiss <Sabrina@britishecologicalsociety.org>, the press officer at the British Ecological Society.  Please, write to her directly and she will facilitate a press release and a copy of the article.
We greatly appreciate your help in advance,
Best regards,

Dra. Carolina Laura Morales

Investigadora Adjunta CONICET
Lab. Ecotono,INIBIOMA (Universidad Nacional del Comahue-CONICET)
Pasaje Gutierrez 1125, 8400 Bariloche
Rio Negro, ARGENTINA