Single Page Interface Mussings: SPI and Twitter

Jose Maria Arranz Santamaria

Jun 29, 2013, 2:13:42 PM6/29/13
to its...@googlegroups.com

Do you think is not possible to make a Single Page website SEO compatible? Try https://twitter.com/jmarranz  (or replace with your Twitter user) and enable/disable JS. Great job of Twitter engineers.

Twitter engineers are great, they first built a great SPI client centric site not SEO friendly, so they needed another one page based for SEO. Now the current Twitter site is SPI, server centric, SEO compatible and, I'm sure, with no duplication of HTML templating processing/technology.

I'm sure a Twitter-like web site could be done with ItsNat, stateful or stateless, some real world experiment was done with the stateful mode http://www.innowhere.com/insites/

It is irritating when I navigate a page based web site and see everything rebuilt again and again, when only small parts are going to change, for instance try with http://www.javaworld.com/ . Sadly the 99.9% of websites are irritating.

Someday someone will realize the enormous potential business existing on bringing the enormous web world to SPI SEO compatible, someday...

Regards