Feature Showcase Stateless Component Question

Licky

Jun 20, 2013, 11:23:56 PM6/20/13
to its...@googlegroups.com
In feature showcase, ItsNatFreeListMultSel was used to demo how component can adapt the stateless feature.

My question is why the server component can exist while the client document was disconnected? Moreover, when the server update client, will it traverse the client document tree to find the list or just update the list by using ID? I just wonder if the table was transformed by jQuery, will the stateless function can work.

jmar...@innowhere.com

Jun 21, 2013, 3:30:47 AM6/21/13
to its...@googlegroups.com
No, the component is created and bound to the just created ItsNatDocument to process the stateless event.

I don't understand the second part of the question, review my previous comments, try to read the Manual about stateless maybe it clears your doubts

jmar...@innowhere.com

Jun 21, 2013, 3:12:41 PM6/21/13
to its...@googlegroups.com
I feel you're worried on "traverse the client document tree"

ItsNat makes a very strong effort of caching nodes to avoid traversing the client document from top, when ItsNat needs the tree location of a node first it will try to find a cached parent if found only the relative path is calculated.

In this example locById is not used because the same template is used for the initial page and for stateless events and location is correct.

Traversing for instance 20 levels of nodes is extremely fast, really, the unique case you may worry is when in the same level there are too many child nodes (an element with many child nodes) and you are targeting the last, in this moment I have no numbers but in modern browsers I don't see a problem if the number of nodes is not extremely big.