ItsNat with Databinding and REST calls

ppa...@gmail.com

Aug 29, 2013, 8:20:32 AM8/29/13
to its...@googlegroups.com
Sir,

We are interested in using ItsNat. Very good concept indeed!

1. Does it have a automatic data binding mechanism? ie instead of iterating over each form element to collect the data for the database, can it be automatically updated into a java bean? And, as data changes in the back-end bean, can it update a data-bound widget like an html table?

2. How can HTML5 pages created, interact with RESTful API's potentially developed in Grails / Spring Roo? Any examples?

Thanks in anticipation,
Pradeep

Jose Maria Arranz Santamaria

Aug 29, 2013, 2:43:58 PM8/29/13
to its...@googlegroups.com, ppa...@gmail.com
Hi Pradeep

El jueves, 29 de agosto de 2013 14:20:32 UTC+2, ppa...@gmail.com escribió:
Sir,

We are interested in using ItsNat. Very good concept indeed!

1. Does it have a automatic data binding mechanism? ie instead of iterating over each form element to collect the data for the database, can it be automatically updated into a java bean? And, as data changes in the back-end bean, can it update a data-bound widget like an html table?

No, ItsNat is a low-level web framework, said this by using renderers you can make almost concrete-layout agnostic code to render your data models into pure HTML code based on patterns.

2. How can HTML5 pages created, interact with RESTful API's potentially developed in Grails / Spring Roo? Any examples?

ItsNat is HTML 5 friendly, more HTML 5 related components will be done in future.

It is a web framework, Grails and Spring Roo are also server centric web frameworks (or use also a web framework like Spring MVC), mixing web frameworks has no very much sense.

Regarding RESTful, you're thinking on a pure client-centric approach, ItsNat has a stateless mode but still rendering happens in server.

Thanks in anticipation,
Pradeep

Kind regards.
Jose M. Arranz

Licky

Aug 29, 2013, 9:33:47 PM8/29/13
to its...@googlegroups.com, ppa...@gmail.com

For point 1, I can share my experience.

In my project using ItsNat, Java Beans with annotation to indicate each fields corresponding HTML element ID and type. An Engine class was written to automatically build the components from annotation. Thus, finally, the engine can get/set element data easily.

Jose Maria Arranz Santamaria

Sep 1, 2013, 3:43:19 PM9/1/13
to its...@googlegroups.com, ppa...@gmail.com, use.by...@gmail.com
Very nice Licky

This is how I conceive the software, like a puzzle when you can pick and join different pieces to do the job.

I know many things are missing in ItsNat but I don't want to enforce the typical simplistic end-to-end approach: db schema=> generated custom data model=>generated view , live is usually not so simplistic and good software usually doesn't fit into a Mc Donnald's way of doing things.