Added to tutorials: Simple ItsNat (Core) STATELESS Application

Jose Maria Arranz Santamaria

Oct 13, 2013, 2:17:22 PM10/13/13
to its...@googlegroups.com

The new tutorial is the same tutorial as the previously published in JavaLobby and a subset of the tutorial included in Reference Manual and online in the Feature Showcase.

Enjoy.

Ravindranath Akila

Oct 13, 2013, 7:25:13 PM10/13/13
to Jose María Arranz Santamaría, its...@googlegroups.com

Neat! Thanks!

I actually went through the whole tutorial :-) and the online example.

Is the additional server cost more on RAM or CPU?

R. A.

On 14 Oct 2013 02:17, "Jose Maria Arranz Santamaria" <jmar...@innowhere.com> wrote:

The new tutorial is the same tutorial as the previously published in JavaLobby and a subset of the tutorial included in Reference Manual and online in the Feature Showcase.

Enjoy.

Jose Maria Arranz Santamaria

Oct 14, 2013, 3:31:32 PM10/14/13

Hi Ravin

ItsNat stateful needs more RAM in average because in spite of DOM node caching shared between users, the user view is kept in server. CPU use is very low because when processing an AJAX event only the strictly necessary is done.

In stateless more CPU is needed when processing an AJAX event, because an ItsNatDocument must be loaded on the fly, more costly than stateful because in stateful AJAX events are smarter, however in stateless less memory is used because no user session data is needed in server (ItsNat point of view), memory just increases when an AJAX event hits the server but this memory is released when event ends, the pattern is more like sawtooth but much less in average.

And of course stateless mode opens you to horizontal scalability without session sync penalty or need of server affinity.

For instance in Google App Engine, a cloud with no support of server affinity, stateless is the main option.

Regards

On 14/10/2013 1:25, Ravindranath Akila wrote:

Neat! Thanks!

I actually went through the whole tutorial :-) and the online example.

Is the additional server cost more on RAM or CPU?

R. A.

Ravindranath Akila

Ravindranath Akila

Oct 23, 2013, 1:36:17 PM10/23/13
to Jose María Arranz Santamaría, its...@googlegroups.com

That's great news! I think now it's just a matter of being careful and not about limitations. I think most plug-ins would work (jQuery) if used prudently. Well, it is a whole new experience with stateless! And scalability does have a price

(Sorry, had dropped out the group mail id)

R. A.
BTW, there is a website called Thank God it's Friday!
It tells you fun things to do in your area over the weekend.
See here: http://www.ThankGodItIsFriday.com

On 20 Oct 2013 23:45, "Jose Maria Arranz Santamaria" <jmar...@innowhere.com> wrote:

The answer is "much more freely" it depends how you're using ItsNat in stateless mode, in this mode ItsNat is very helpful for inserting new markup, and by using locById attribute, tolerance to "node pollution" by client centric JS tools is improved.

Regards