its-electric 1.10.3-pre, no longer uses Flash

Robert Tupelo-Schneck

Sep 5, 2016, 5:40:46 PM9/5/16
to its-electr...@googlegroups.com
I've put out an its-electric pre-release version 1.10.3-pre. This
version does not use Flash.

You can try it at http://tupelo-schneck.org/its-electric and download
it at https://github.com/tupelo-schneck/its-electric/releases/download/v1.10.3-pre.2/its-electric-1.10.3-pre.zip
.

Please send me comments and bug reports.

Robert

Dave

Sep 5, 2016, 6:23:05 PM9/5/16
to its-electr...@googlegroups.com
Hey Robert

Can I use the old Config file from the previous Ver

Thanks in Advance

DAve

Robert Tupelo-Schneck

Paul Derby

Sep 5, 2016, 9:33:43 PM9/5/16
to its-electr...@googlegroups.com
Hi Robert,

I went back to the original its-electric-config.js:

itsElectric.configure({
datasourceURL: 'http://blue.pderby.com:9081',
hasVoltage: true,
hasKVA: true,
initialZoom: 4*60*60,
realTime: true, // set false to prevent automatic update when viewing latest time
realTimeUpdateInterval: 60000,
partialRange: false, // when true, graph only includes points near zoomed-in region
noFlashEvents: false
});

and bring up the beta version using terminal.
Its-electric launches, the web page renders, still no data.

blue:Applications admin$ java -server -jar its-electric-1.10.3-pre.jar -p 9081 -g http://10.6.18.40 -m 2 -d its-electric-db
Sep 05, 2016 8:34:27 PM org.tupelo_schneck.electric.DatabaseManager open
INFO: Environment opened.
2016-09-05 20:34:28.084:INFO:oejs.Server:jetty-7.6.1.v20120215
2016-09-05 20:34:28.143:INFO:oejsh.ContextHandler:started o.e.j.s.ServletContextHandler{/,null}
2016-09-05 20:34:28.184:INFO:oejs.AbstractConnector:Started SelectChann...@0.0.0.0:9081

The request times out trying to get to the data.

My server is a mac mini running Mac Server “El Capitan” which introduced an internal proxy service for all apache services. So looks like I have to figure out how to add a proxy service so Apache will take http traffic on port 9081 on my external IP address for this server and funnel that to the appropriate spot. Not sure how to do that.

Paul

Robert Tupelo-Schneck

Sep 5, 2016, 9:49:05 PM9/5/16
to its-electr...@googlegroups.com
Was this working with its-electric 1.10.2? The changes between 1.10.2
and 1.10.3-pre shouldn't have affected this...

Robert

Paul Derby

Sep 5, 2016, 10:01:08 PM9/5/16
to its-electr...@googlegroups.com
Robert,

I only used its-electric on my LAN for the last few years since my external devices, iPhone and iPad, didn’t support flash. That’s why the config file was pointed to localhost.

So no, its-electric didn’t work after I upgraded my server to El Capitan.

I just got it to work! The corrected config file was in the wrong directory. It is nice to see its-electric on my iPhone via AT&T for the first time!

You should be able to see the data for my power load now on your end:

http://its-electric.pderby.com

Thanks for your patience and help.

Paul

Graham C

Sep 6, 2016, 2:09:00 PM9/6/16
to its-electric-software
Works great for me - thanks.

Stuart Rothrock

Sep 6, 2016, 6:35:28 PM9/6/16
to its-electr...@googlegroups.com
Robert,
Thank you for your continued efforts. I would like to give a donation but didn't see any links for such. I may have missed them or you don't have any. If I can PayPal you something, let me know.

Robert Tupelo-Schneck

Sep 6, 2016, 8:25:33 PM9/6/16
to its-electr...@googlegroups.com
Very kind of you. You are welcome to send a gift to my Paypal account
sch...@gmail.com .

Robert

On Tue, Sep 6, 2016 at 6:35 PM, Stuart Rothrock <roth...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Robert,
> Thank you for your continued efforts. I would like to give a donation but
> didn't see any links for such. I may have missed them or you don't have any.
> If I can PayPal you something, let me know.
>
> On Tue, Sep 6, 2016 at 2:09 PM, Graham C <mada...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Works great for me - thanks.
>>

>> On Monday, September 5, 2016 at 5:40:46 PM UTC-4, schneck wrote:
>>>
>>> I've put out an its-electric pre-release version 1.10.3-pre. This
>>> version does not use Flash.
>>>
>>> You can try it at http://tupelo-schneck.org/its-electric and download
>>> it at
>>> https://github.com/tupelo-schneck/its-electric/releases/download/v1.10.3-pre.2/its-electric-1.10.3-pre.zip
>>> .
>>>
>>> Please send me comments and bug reports.
>>>
>>> Robert
>>
>> --

Dave

Sep 8, 2016, 4:42:22 PM9/8/16
to its-electr...@googlegroups.com
Good day Robert

Been running the new Ver for the last few days. Works great looks great. I've noticed top right corner where the MTU number is. It no longer shows the last time of update and power being used unless you place the mouse over the graph. I found that option useful being able to see the current time and power being used with no interaction.

Thanks Again

Dave

Sep 8, 2016, 10:07:56 PM9/8/16
to its-electr...@googlegroups.com
Unfortunately this just seems to be how the new chart works.

If you have a constantly-running display, you could keep the mouse
pointer far to the right but in the graph, and the recent data point
will be updated at every update. Is that sufficient?

Robert

Dave

Sep 8, 2016, 11:44:22 PM9/8/16
to its-electr...@googlegroups.com
This is a great program and it works great. I always appreciate your quick responses.

Thanks

Raúl Padrón

Sep 13, 2016, 3:25:33 PM9/13/16
to its-electr...@googlegroups.com
Hi Paul,

I have installed its-electric in a Mac mini server (MNS) running El Capitan and its server as you report.

Its-electric is working fine locally in the MMS:

 but it does not work in other computers in my lan or over the internet:

My its-electric-config.js file is:

itsElectric.configure({
   datasourceURL: 'http://www.raul-padron.org:8081',
   hasVoltage: true,
   hasKVA: true,
   initialZoom: 4*60*60,
   realTime: true, // set false to prevent automatic update when viewing latest time
   realTimeUpdateInterval: 60000,
   partialRange: false // when true, graph only includes points near zoomed-in region
});

and the command I am using is:

java -jar its-electric-1.10.3-pre.jar -g http://192.168.0.121 -v -k 2 -m 4 -d its-electric-db

I did tried the option -server before -v but it does not work.

I have opened ports 85 and 8081 on my router to the TED5000 at its IP 192.168.0.121

I placed the its-electric files in a directory "ele" in my web default foulder:

/Library/Server/Web/Data/Sites/Default/ele

were the its-electric-1.10.3.-pre.jar is located. I ran it from the Mac terminal there.

In the folder "ele" it is the "web" folder of its-electric where the its-electric.html and its-electric-config.js files are located.

I wonder if you can help me to discover what I did wrong...

Best regards

Raúl

--

Raúl Padrón
Raúl Padrón, Ph.D., Emeritus Investigator, Center of Structural Biology, IVIC, Caracas,Venezuela. Padrón Lab

>>> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/its-electric-software.
>>>
>>> --

Robert Tupelo-Schneck

Sep 13, 2016, 4:02:20 PM9/13/16
to its-electr...@googlegroups.com
Do you mean that you can successfully access
http://www.raul-padron.org/ele/web/its-electric.html on one
machine---the machine running the its-electric Java program---but no
other machine can see your data?

I suspect this is about your firewall (or NAT) configuration. You
want incoming requests on port 8081 to go to your machine running the
its-electric Java program. You can test by trying to access
http://www.raul-padron.org:8081/ directly.

Robert

>> > --
>> > Visit this group at
>> > https://groups.google.com/group/its-electric-software.
>>
>> --

Raúl Padrón

Sep 13, 2016, 4:19:23 PM9/13/16
to its-electr...@googlegroups.com
Robert,

You are right! It is solved now...
I was opening the 8081 port on the TED5000 not on the server.
Thanks!
Raúl

Raúl Padrón
Raúl Padrón, Ph.D., Emeritus Investigator, Center of Structural Biology, IVIC, Caracas,Venezuela. Padrón Lab

>> > --

>> > Visit this group at
>> > https://groups.google.com/group/its-electric-software.

Raúl Padrón

Sep 25, 2016, 12:27:52 PM9/25/16
to its-electr...@googlegroups.com
Hi Robert,

Its -electric was running smoothly in my Mac mini server till yesterday when I am afraid I updated to macOS Sierra.

Unfortunately when I run the its-electric command:

java -jar its-electric-1.10.3-pre.jar -g http://192.168.0.121 -v -k 2 -m 4 -d its-electric-db

in the terminal I got the message: "No Java runtime present, requesting install" and also a popup mesage that says "To use the "java" command-line tool you need to install a JDK. Click "more infor..." to visit the Java developer Kit download website".

The site is the "Java SE Development Kit 8 Download" page of Oracle web page. I am writing to ask which of the two kit options for Mac OS X is the right one for its-electric: the 8u101 or the 8u102?

Java is installed as shown in Mozilla browser: version 8 update 101, so I guess by analogy the kit must be 8u101, am I right? As I am not an expert with Java I ask to avoid making a mistake...

Do I need to install the kit 8u101?

Thanks for your help on advance,

Raul

Raúl Padrón
Raúl Padrón, Ph.D., Emeritus Investigator, Center of Structural Biology, IVIC, Caracas,Venezuela. Padrón Lab

>> > --

>> > Visit this group at
>> > https://groups.google.com/group/its-electric-software.

Robert Tupelo-Schneck

Sep 25, 2016, 12:35:06 PM9/25/16
to its-electr...@googlegroups.com
Really you can install either. 8u101 is fine.

I would think if Mozilla is showing you as having installed 8u101,
then it is already installed...?

Robert

>> > --
>> > Visit this group at
>> > https://groups.google.com/group/its-electric-software.
>>
>> --

Raul Padron

Sep 25, 2016, 12:37:05 PM9/25/16
to its-electr...@googlegroups.com
That is my question: it is installed but the terminal request the installation of the JDK as well...
BlackBerry Movilnet

Robert Tupelo-Schneck

Sep 25, 2016, 12:44:55 PM9/25/16
to its-electr...@googlegroups.com
I see. That is hard to understand. You could try installing it again
and restarting your machine.

What is the output of:

ls /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/

and what about

/usr/libexec/java_home

Robert

Raúl Padrón

Sep 25, 2016, 12:54:05 PM9/25/16
to its-electr...@googlegroups.com
see below +++

Raúl Padrón
Raúl Padrón, Ph.D., Emeritus Investigator, Center of Structural Biology, IVIC, Caracas,Venezuela. Padrón Lab

I see.  That is hard to understand.  You could try installing it again
and restarting your machine.

​+++I am afraid by MMS has a problem restarting. The "blocke" sign appears, so I need to recover the OS system using command R and reinstall the OS each time I restart the Mac mini. I think it has to do with something lost in the main hard disk... but I am not an expert of Macs so I have not been able to solve it yet.​

What is the output of:

ls /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/

​+++Nothing there​

and what about

/usr/libexec/java_home

​+++java_home does not exist​

>>> --
>>

>> --

Robert Tupelo-Schneck

Sep 25, 2016, 12:56:26 PM9/25/16
to its-electr...@googlegroups.com
Does https://www.java.com/en/download/installed.jsp indicate that Java
is installed?

I think you should try to install it again...

Robert

>> > --
>> > Visit this group at
>> > https://groups.google.com/group/its-electric-software.
>> >
>> > --
>> > Visit this group at
>> > https://groups.google.com/group/its-electric-software.
>>
>> --

Raúl Padrón

Sep 25, 2016, 4:06:50 PM9/25/16
to its-electr...@googlegroups.com
See below +++

Raúl Padrón
Raúl Padrón, Ph.D., Emeritus Investigator, Center of Structural Biology, IVIC, Caracas,Venezuela. Padrón Lab

Does https://www.java.com/en/download/installed.jsp indicate that Java
is installed?

​+++Yes, it says: "Congratulations. You have the recommend Java installed (Version 8 Update 101)"​

I think you should try to install it again...

​+++I did and reinstalled version 8 update 101 suscessfully but it did not solved the problem.

+++I downloaded the jdk-8u101-macos-x64.dmg and installed it successfully.

+++It solved  the problem. Its electric is now working again:

+++Thanks!

>> > --

>> > Visit this group at
>> > https://groups.google.com/group/its-electric-software.
>> >
>> > --

>> > Visit this group at
>> > https://groups.google.com/group/its-electric-software.

KSKENYON

Oct 23, 2016, 3:20:18 PM10/23/16
to its-electric-software
Something is wrong.  The graph does not appear, this does instead.  Raspberry Pi 2

google.visualization.Query.setResponse({"version":"0.6","status":"ok","sig":"175snip902","table":{"cols":[{"id":"Date","label":"Date","type":"datetime","pattern":""},{"id":"MTU1","label":"MTU1","type":"number","pattern":""},{"id":"MTU2","label":"MTU2","type":"number","pattern":""}],"rows":[{"c":[{"v":new Date(2016,9,23,14,1,24)},{"v":858.0},{"v":0.0}]},{"c":[{"v":new Date(2016,9,23,14,1,28)},{"v":862.0},{"v":0.0}]},{"c":[{"v":new Date(2016,9,23,14,1,32)},{"v":856.0},{"v":0.0}]},{"c":[{"v":new Date(2016,9,23,14,1,36)},{"v":856.0},{"v":0.0}]},{"c":[{"v":new Date(2016,9,23,14,1,40)},{"v":860.0},{"v":0.0}]},{"c":[{"v":new Date(2016,9,23,14,1,44)},{"v":863.0},{"v":0.0}]},{"c":[{"v":new D...

Robert Tupelo-Schneck

Oct 23, 2016, 8:28:10 PM10/23/16
to its-electr...@googlegroups.com
Its-electric has a Java program which runs an HTTP server which gives
the "Google Visualization API" output you observe.

Its-electric also has an HTML/JavaScript client to that service.
Those files need to be served by a separate HTTP server. You can do
this, for instance, by cd-ing into the directory with the "index.html"
file and running "python -m SimpleHTTPServer".

Then the its-electric GUI will be available, over a different port
than the one which got you the Google Visualization API output.

Robert