Data reduction

Ron

Oct 18, 2011, 4:19:41 PM10/18/11
to its-electr...@googlegroups.com
Which resolution table does the history values use? I know you added the ability to prune data with the new version
but what I would like to see is set the data that does the graphing at something like 90days and the data
used to create the history displays left in place. Is that even possible and would it reduce the size of the data
stored if you did that?

Ron

Robert Tupelo-Schneck

Oct 18, 2011, 4:24:32 PM10/18/11
to its-electr...@googlegroups.com
The current history display just uses the daily averages. Indeed,
deleting everything except the daily averages would still reduce the
data size a lot. This is a good idea and I will implement it.

Robert

Don A

Sep 21, 2018, 2:11:06 PM9/21/18
to its-electric-software
Was anything ever implemented for this and if so where could I find information on it?
Thanks,
Don

Robert Tupelo-Schneck

Sep 22, 2018, 10:03:55 PM9/22/18
to its-electr...@googlegroups.com
No, this was never implemented.

You could export old data (for offline viewer outside of its-electric)
and then use the --delete-until option to delete old data. That's
probably your best option.

Best,
Robert

Don A