Inaccurate Voltage with V1.10 and Ted Pro Home

Kaleb Kunzler

Oct 7, 2015, 11:31:48 AM10/7/15
to its-electric-software
I am using It's Electric version 1.10 and the voltage is not being recorded accurately.  The footprints software embedded in the gateway shows the voltage accurately, however It's Electric seems to be old recording half of the voltage (i.e. 61v instead of 122v)  I am using a Ted Pro Home with a Single MTU and no spiders.  Here are the flags I am passing to It's Electric.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_51\bin\java.exe" "-jar C:\its-electric-1.10\its-electric\its-electric-1.10.jar -i 1 -g http://192.168.43.39 --device ted-pro -d C:\ts-electric-1.10\its-electric\its-electric-db -v yes"

Any ideas?

Also, it there a way to grab the last 5-minutes of second data from TED  every 5 minutes to put less load on the TED processor?

Thanks.

Robert Tupelo-Schneck

Oct 7, 2015, 11:22:56 PM10/7/15
to its-electr...@googlegroups.com
It's not clear what would cause the voltage to be different.  An old forum post http://www.theenergydetectiveforums.com/index.php?topic=624.0 may be related.  If it's as random as that post seems to say, I could try putting in a configurable multiplier.

Can you make your Ted Pro available over the internet?  If so send me the connection information (and not the mailing list).  I'll try to look at the data and see if I can see anything.

There are several options to control the imports, including:

-i,--import-interval <arg>       seconds between imports of data, or 0 for only hour-long imports (default 4)
-e,--long-import-interval <arg>  seconds between imports of whole hours, or 0 for only short imports (default 300)

You could try "-i 300 -e 1800" to do a "short import" every five minutes, with a "long import" every half hour to find anything the short imports missed.  As you can see the defaults are much more aggressive.  I'd be surprised to hear that there were substantial issues with processor load.

Robert

Robert Tupelo-Schneck

Oct 9, 2015, 12:55:10 AM10/9/15
to its-electr...@googlegroups.com
There was a bug in voltage display; TED 5000 stores voltage in 20ths of a volt, TED Pro stores in 10ths of a volt.

Version 1.10.1 is available and should do the right thing.  (And it also allows the option voltage-divisor to be set if anyone ever needs that).

Thanks for the bug report!

Robert